- Sometimes, it seems like if it can go wrong -- it will!

Sometimes, it seems like if it can go wrong -- it will!

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Bill Wilson wrote:Suddenly, I realized what the matter was. My basic flaw had always been dependence, almost absolute dependence, on people or circumstances to supply me with prestige, security, and the like. Failing to get these things according to my perfectionist dreams and specifications, I had fought for them. And when defeat came, so did my depression.

Thanks Bill, for sharing that! And, thank you, Ben... for continuing to pass it on!!! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Moments of Clarity

Postby Luvinlife » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Thank you all for giving credit where credit is due. I too have been experiencing some very uncomfortable times but know that there is a plan in the works. As it was explained at some point in these past 5 years of sobriety, we are like pencils belonging to God and when we become dull or He needs to prepare us to be used for His purpose He will put us in the sharpener to learn the lessons and become sharp for the task at hand. God bless you all.- Luvinlife
Luvinlife

Postby Bensober » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 am

Thanks Luvinlife,
Good simple stuff. I'm a pencil that even got broken(relapse) then had to go back into the pencil sharper and start all over again so I can write in honesty and humility. With this, in action my problems are of my own making and the struggles and practice of these principles in all of my affairs....all will be well. Every second of our sharing Luvin and new concepts like this for me treats my potientially untreated alcoholic mind. God, you, and this fellowship has made that possible...What a REAL DEAL! Thank You!!!!!

God Bless,

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby john1977 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm

ccs,

I read your post and just wanted to say something that may or may not make you feel a little better. I too am a product of a divorce. I never mention my mom to my dad or my dad to my mom. I almost dont even do it on purpose, it just ahppens naturally. You see, i consider them both a sore subject to talk about with them, so i dont. Please dont think your daughter doesnt want to talk to you about the loss. It may just be that she doesnt think you want to hear your ex's name. I hope this helps.
john1977

Postby Danni » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Welcome to all the new people that are here. I'm still sober just haven't been here in a while. I hope everyone is doing good.
Danni

Previous

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity