- Fellowship Friends Sickness, Death, & Dying

Fellowship Friends Sickness, Death, & Dying

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby butch » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Ben;

In a time onf sorrow and hurt, i try to remember that HE is there always, and never gives more than I/we can handle. HE provides spiritual food for the soul if I/we let HIM. I can't, He can, and I have to let Him.

butch
butch

Postby Bensober » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks Dallas, Butch, & Kieth,
Just got your number Dallas. Wow! That's cool how this works. It's early hear and I’m getting ready to head off to Sierra Fellowship so I will call before or right after the Mtg. I appreciate your availability and look forward to our continued connection. Butch and Kieth thanks for being there. Along with HP you & me were'a makin it! I am/will lean into it Kieth. Sounds like you definitely have some experiences in this area. It is different this time around in how I need to deal with “unusual painâ€
Bensober

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:28 am

Ben, the tears do us good. It reminds us that we're human, and that we still have a heart, and that we're good people that care deeply. So, just let them flow! I was so numb before I got sober that I hadn't cried in years. I was embarrassed when I broke down crying in front of my sponsor, and then in a meeting. Naturally, my head was thinking about me and thinking "Oh crap! These people will think I'm no longer a man! Crying like this!" ... And, they showed me where I was wrong about it and encouraged me to cry -- they said it was being honest with myself, honest w/ my feelings, and willing to be vulnerable enough to trust someone and something other than myself. I'll bet they regret it now... Now, I really have to watch it, because the tears just seem to automatically well up inside me and gush out -- when I start thinking of all that God has given to me through AA and the Fellowship of AA.

I've got my phone plugged in and charging so that it's ready when and if you call.

Just remember -- we care about you. We need you to be here for us, too, and for the new guys that come after us. So, cry, yell, kick or scream... that's all okay for times like this -- but, it's not alright to drink or to do anything that could hurt yourself.

BTW: Last time I checked... "He" is still "working through others"... When He shows up at my door... it's always, as far as I can tell... in the body of a man, woman, or dog!!! Don't forget the dogs! They are God's agents just as much as any man or woman is! So, if a stray strays across your porch or up to your door... Remember, He's making a call on you! Dogs are God's dogs... and often, He uses them as His angels.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 am

Hey! Thanks Dallas...
I appreciate the chat we had Sat. Been busy with fellowship, family, and friends. How'ed you know? As far as my dog? We never discussed it! Believe it or not my close pal here is named "Gunner" Humm... where have I heard that name? Oh...hi Gunner thanks for the chat too! It was really nice to hear your voices Sat., chat, and connect. He's sittin next to me now Dallas and I could go on as far as what this dog means to me. He's really been looking into my eyes deeply lately and he knows when something is up. Dogs out hear arn't held in hi regard like the south...so people think I'm kinda weird that way with Gunner. They just don't seem to get it! My third son was named after a dog from a song from the "Pirates of the Mississippi"..."Feed Jake". It was a year later after our son was born when I played the song for my wife...she cried... and then hit me in the arm. If you get a chance to listen to it, the song really ties into what you are saying. "he's been a good dog, right there all along, If I die before I wake...feed Jake".

Been called on in meetings in meetings to share. The fellowship is not gonna allow me to hold back since I've choosen to do the right thing...to stay sober, be, and stay connected. As you can maybe tell in our conversation Dallas...I'd really, and it easy to talk about other things (especially the motorcycle/music passion) but like the "two Gunners"...you are right there and that's enough. It really doesn't matter what we talked about...your there.

Love You My Brother...You Too Gunner!!!

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Love you, too Bros... and Sistas, too! :lol:

It was great talking w/ you! You're so lucky to live where you live! AA's and AA events (the more than meetings ways that we hook up to have fun in sobriety) are all over the place out there! You live in the AA Disneyland of the World! :wink: If somebody gets sober & bored in California -- they need to look into getting some implants! (of the Brain-cell variety!)

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby gunner48 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Good to hear you and sence a little light harded tone in your words. Gunner ain't such a bad name for man nor beast. Dogs are gifts from god. My old friend Brian used to say he would be blessed if he could learn to treat all men the way his dog treated him.
Hope your friend is doing OK. Our prayers are with you both.

Peace and Love
Gunner
gunner48

Postby Bensober » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 am

Update to ask you to ask in your personal relationships with our father for his will in this. Was contacted by Danny's son and went to the hospital. It appeares that a decision has to be made to unplug him or the life support will actually promotes swelling expidite brain death. The stroke he had looks like he is still having it and is pushing from the left to right side of his brain. Theres a lot more involved. His son has the key and refuses to turn it until he calls me, I go there, hold him, and we pull the plug together.

Thanks for being here with me on this. "I Can't....We Can"!!!! I Love You & Need You ALL!

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby gunner48 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 am

Our prayers are with you.

Peace and Love
Gunner
gunner48

Postby cajunbam » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm

My prayers and thoughts are with you Bensober......

Peace,
Brian
cajunbam

Location: McDonough, GA - about 605.09 miles from Cajun Field

Postby butch » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 am

May His peace be with you and your friend!
butch
butch

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober