- 100 days sober today

100 days sober today

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

100 days sober today

Postby Shari » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:39 pm

This is my first time on this site and my 100th day sober! I like this me! :D
Shari

Postby butch » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Shari;
welcome to you and congrats on 100 days, one day at a time. you will find this is a great place for info on soberity. i look forward to your sharing.
butch
butch

12 steps

Postby knny913 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Congradulations Shari,
100 days is awsome! Life really is better outside the bottle.
Keep it up!

Best wishes
Ypur Friend in Sobriety
Kenny
knny913

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 am

Congratulations on the 100 days Shari! And, welcome to the site! It's probably a hundred and a few more by now! :wink: And, if you continue doing precisely what you did each day for the last 100 days that kept you sober -- in 100 days from now, you will be celebrating 200 days sober! Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby allspirited » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:16 pm

I was just reading a few of your replies and for the first time, i found myself wanting to introduce myself.

I am an alcoholic and my name is Harriet. I discovered this Forum two nighs ago when i was googling to find information/worksheets for Step 4. It was about 1230 am on Sunday Morning, and about 2 HOURS INTO MY FIRST BIRTHDAY... so, that makes this day number 367. lol... it is funny, because my friend had to tell me that today. I haven't been counting the days.... because I seriously haven't had too. They have run together because for once in my life; Im gettin it.

I really like this opportunity to just pop online and be able to chat or read up on other fellows when i am unable to get to a meeting. It is yet another way to stay sober and Connected.

I am attending one of the treatment Centers that i graduated from (sadly there were a few), this Wed. eve. I am going there to tell the new group of women my recovery story. It amazes me that i am doing that.. Me, i am finally "that person".. You know how we all looked up to the person with one yr. wow.... that was so cool, and yet it seemed so hard to achieve.

Anyway, today i am living a pretty awsome life. I am turning 40yrs old and i feel like my life is sort of just beginning. i hope so anyway. Aside from cleaning up the wreckage i have made of my career; life is pretty good. I love the PROMISES of AA because i can honestly say that I a good example of the promises coming true if you are working a good solid program.

In the early months of my recovery i use to beat myself up and say "if only i had gotten this earlier".. if only.... but as time passed and i got healthier and healthier, i began to understand that my recovery happened when it happened for a Reason. There is a a reason for everything. Today i even find myself grateful for the hand god dealt me and the disease i will forever live with. Going through the difficulties i have faced, and later, the recovery path i walk, is a gift that i would never want to give back. I am a happier, more spiritual, loving, caring and genuine person than i ever was in my past.
I am so grateful for AA, and the membership for being a big part of my life; and now i am thankful for all of you as well..

Have a good 24.
Your sister in Recovery.
Allspirted..
allspirited

Postby Dallas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Hello Allspirted!!! Welcome to the site and contratulations on your sobriety b'day!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share and to participate. You're sharing has been good for all of us -- and, I hope it will continue!

Best regards, Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey are you still doing OK? I've been drunk in Milton :(
Ranman99

100 days

Postby JIntl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 am

That's great Shari! Congratulations!

I remember my first 100 days. (which was at the beginning of spring of this year). It was a good feeling. When I started out, I was the junior member. And I remember these AA members with years of sobriety congratulating me and thinking to myself...wow they have years and years!!!

How did you people do it?. They all said one day at a time, and by following the program the best way they knew how. And the happiest and calmest ones were the ones that I would really get attached to. Although I soon learned that we are all equal. And we learn to benefit from each other no longer how long we are in the program. It's really a great fellowship. So I wish you a good 24 hours!!
JIntl

Postby Ranman99 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 am

Congrats congrats. My first hundred days of the program this time where very productive. Since I had been in and out of AA for 18 years and my did not work I decided to try what my sponsor was telling me. At least being fired from my last job I had lots of time on my hands. At day 100 I was on step 9. Which was not too bad really. After the bottom this time I surrendered and joined the winning side :) 8)

So far the solution as been availing me a nice little daily repreive for coming up on 22 months. A little bit more surrender every day and some great sponsorship and great stuff on this web site.

Hope it works for you also 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Later,
Randy
Ranman99

Postby lenny » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm

congrats shari,it gets better everyday,one day at a time. :D
lenny

Return to 12 Steps