- Fellowship Friends Sickness, Death, & Dying

Fellowship Friends Sickness, Death, & Dying

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Dallas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm with you Ben. And, I'm with the rest of you guys, too.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Danni » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm sorry to read what you are going through Ben. Stay close. You are in our hearts.
Danni

Postby Bensober » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks for Your Replys,
Danny's body is still breathing and will probably be moved to Hospice tomorrow. At his bedside, I held onto one foot, his son the other, one arm on his son...his around me. The family stood around us in a circle, and the deed was done as the medical staff do what they do. Of all the things I've ever done in this life including forgiving myself about a year and a half ago for something that happened in the "70's...this by far and so far is the hardest thing I've ever been called into service to do.

My sponsor has me working on my Seventh Step Prayer every morning. Part of it includes:"Continue to Say and Do the Hard Things that Need to be Said and Done"! God surley wants us to be REAL.

Your support has lifted me up! I stayed sober and are helping others.

Ben Here For You!
Bensober

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 pm

We're with you Ben. There isn't really anything I can say that will make it easier for you. It's a tough deal -- and you've got to walk through it. Fortunately, your on-the-job training will prepare you to help someone else walk through this in the future. This is part of the reason -- that you've got to do it sober. There are others out there, like your friend or friends family... that you haven't met yet... and they will be turning to you for help to get them through it.

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 am

Wow! Sorry folks it’s been a while since I posted. Been a lot going on. Had to be in a mandatory training to keep my job in Palm Springs CA. last week, Got notice two weeks ago that the home owner of the house we live in wasn't paying mortgage had to move out cause that house sold last week...been really nuts! Staying sober, doin my reading Gunner. The house we moved into has a guest house Dallas where I put the studio into. Now the real good news is....unbelievable...driving on the way back from Palm Springs, I get a call..."Danny's awake and looking around"!!! This is amazing to me my friends. I've never been this close to an actual miracle where a body isn’t “supposed to liveâ€
Bensober

Postby cajunbam » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am

Glad to hear it Ben! Amen, brother!

Peace,
Brian
cajunbam

Location: McDonough, GA - about 605.09 miles from Cajun Field

Postby gunner48 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Good to hear about your friend and that you are reading. My prayers are still coming. Take care my friend and give Danny a great big Missouri hug for me

Peace and Love
Gunner
gunner48

Postby Bensober » Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am

Just an update on Danny my friends,
He's still above ground. In fact two floors up in the hospital. When I visit him he is like a two-year-old baby. Cries a lot and keeps for some reason repeating religious/spiritual stuff. I find that interesting because Danny was very inward on those types of things. Could make an interpretation I guess but I’m still not sure what happened to him...either is anyone else! His doctor told me in the twenty years he's been a Doc...he's seen two of these and also told me he's not a religious man but when he said it…looked up…and then said God! Well either way it is what it is and I don’t want to sound like a religious fanatic either but to say the least…its all very humbling

Thanks again for your input and words of wisdom on supporting us through this.

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby cajunbam » Fri May 14, 2010 3:05 pm

That's some pretty amazing stuff Ben! Hope his progression continues on a good path.

Peace,
Brian
cajunbam

Location: McDonough, GA - about 605.09 miles from Cajun Field

Postby Dallas » Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks for the update, Ben. Amazing.
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober