- Step one prayer?

Step one prayer?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Hey Laurie!!!

Thanks for sharing! Appreciated very much what you had to say.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:45 pm

today i'm sick of powerlessness... i do not want a drink or a drug... i just want the pain to go away... its ok my friends, no worries... its just part of step one... not only admitting, but accepting... i'm a alk'y/adict... i blew my chance to stop the pain instantly... tommorow will be another day. or for that matter, mabe in a few min. we see... i can start my day over anytime i choose... i just dont wann'a at this moment... pretty aware huh?.... just part of the program... i guess just writing about this is starting to do the trick.... no, no. no, its not a trick...its the way it is... xxoo, Rusty
Rule#62
Rusty Zipper

rule 62

Postby wareagle10 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:16 pm

Good afternoon Mr. Zipper: Having a bad day, eh? That's part of the deal. But our bad days don't last as long as they used to when we were out there doing our thing, don't you think?
I used to allow myself to feel sorry for me (because nobody can feel sorry for me like I can) for about 15 minutes and no more. I would tell myself all those tear jerking, why can't they understand, BS stories to myself, then at the end of the 15 minutes, that would be it. No more. I would pick myself up off the pity pot, take a shower and get back on the right track to sobriety. I cannot allow myself more than a little self pity, otherwise I start to believe my sob story, and that's what it really is, usually its a damn good story, but BS just the same. Remember EGBOK, Everything is Going to Be OK. That is a motto of a local company here, Simple Green. All there vehicles have the license plate EGBOK1..2..3..4..and so on. As Sinatra said, pick yourself up, shake yourself off, and get back in the game. You'll be alright my friend, its just a temporary condition.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:38 am

hi Mr John good words. bad day, well mabe thats not the right word. to someone else it might have been a good day for me i would say more uneceptable, or lack of tollerance for... what i do know, i am human. rightfull fear is my natural defence... protection.... when the evil lurks, i have to find a way out. yep, i may kick and scream, piss and moan, wah, wah, wah also... the one thing i have been show.... its ok, just what will i do about it, a extra meets, read, talk, share, call someone, take a walk, have some gratitude hit knees, help another drunk, the list goes on and on in recovery... the one thing i cannot afford to do is be in the horizontal position, turn on Orprah, and start eat's Bon-Bons.... so thats what i did, i share with you... it got me out of it... keep'n it in for me is a kiss of death.... good wishes, xxoo Mr Z :wink:
Rusty Zipper

12 steps

Postby wareagle10 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:20 am

Mr. Zipper, it's good to hear that it WAS only a temporary condition, even though them bon bons may have added a little more to you. Yeah, sometimes it helps to go and help a newcomer, but, damn it you just don't feel like listening to someone else whine when you want someone to listen to you whine, at least that's the way it is with me. I am not good company, even for me, when I'm in one of those alkie moods. I would have to make a lot of amends to the newcomer the next day. What a first impression for a newcomer to have than to meet up with an alkie in a bad mood and an attitude. Ha.
Here's a little something from Lyle:
The quickest way to physical drunkeness for the AA member is the mental binge. When sober, this is hard to believe, but true. These are eight of the most common defects of character. They contribute largely to all mental drunkeness in AA. They belong in our inventories because of their harmful effect upon our lives.
-------DRY DRUNKS-------

FEAR (A.A. jitters); INTOLERANCE (Unadulterated sour-puss juice)

ANGER (TNT special) DISHONESTY (Double-Crossers Highball)

CRITICISM (Home-Brewed Dissension) RESENTMENT (A.A. Rotgut)

JEALOUSY (Dnamite Cocktail) SELF-PITY ( The Crying Jag of A.A.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter how hard ou defy it, ignore it, or push it away, the one thing you can't do with your conscience and that is
THROW IT AWAY!!!!!

I got the books, they look great, now I'm going to need some addresses.
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

1st step prayers

Postby hydrosloth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Dear God, please help me to see and face my powerlessness over my alcoholism, and all things in life. Help me to understand how my alcoholism and my delusional thinking mind, has led to the unmanageability in my life. Help me to understand the truth within the meaning of powerlessness. Remove from me all denial of my alcoholism, the delusion of choice and the power to control things beyond my willingness to surrender.

-

Dear God, help me to see that a life lead based on self knowledge can hardly be a success. That I need an outside source of spiritual strength and power to overcome all obstacles that will always crop up in the path of coming home to You. Without first understanding that self reliance has failed me can I begin to become open to a God reliant life, thus, becoming sober.

-

God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing. And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road although I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
hydrosloth

Previous

Return to 12 Steps