- Listen, Share And Pray

Listen, Share And Pray

A discussion of topics related to relationships in recovery and treatment

Listen, Share And Pray

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 am

Listen, Share And Pray

When working with a man and his family, you should take care not to participate in their quarrels. You may spoil your chance of being helpful if you do.
~ Alcoholics Anonymous p. 100

When trying to help a fellow alcoholic, I've given in to an impulse to give advice, and perhaps that's inevitable. But allowing others the right to be wrong reaps it's own benefits. The best I can do-and it sounds easier than it is to put into practice-is to listen, share personal experience, and pray for others.

~ Daily Reflections, the book
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby DiggerinVA » Fri May 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Keith I can relate to that story oh too well. I some respects I was that guy, well I never knew how to sip. When the B@tch left me then I could no longer justify the booze. But by then I could do nothing about it myself. I had to call in God to fix my mess. I am glad I did. But seriously I don't have ability to conceive me stopping drinking as long as she and I were together. Yes I would have drank until I died. I would have followed in my grandfather's footsteps(he did by age 30). Of this I am convinced.
DiggerinVA

Postby Dallas » Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

I understand! :wink: I think I've been married to at least one or two that were like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 am

Of course my main thang is sticking to the plot and sharing my experience. Getting better though.

I think I will do any step 12 work (when I have a choice) over finger foods so I can stuff my face as a way to keep my mouth shut more.

Ya that's the ticket.

I also have to remember to pray/meditate for a bit 'O" guidance. Helps to keep it in check
Ranman99

Return to Relationships in Recovery