- business meeting closed

business meeting closed

Discussion related to the 12 Traditions

business meeting closed

Postby jonny applejuice » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 am

is it a traditon violation for a group to close buisness meeting to home group members only?
jonny applejuice

Postby Dallas » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:39 am

The group is free to do as it decides to do. And, if they decide their business meeting should be closed to home group members only -- they can do that. It probably makes good sense to keep it closed to home group members only. I've seen several groups that end up having their structure destroyed by non-home-group members voting on things in the business meeting that are detrimental to the purpose of the group, and the voting non-members never return after they screw things up. I'm currently watching a group that had been around for 30 years... holding it's final meeting on the 24th of this month. It used to be a strong group in the area -- and it died, as a result of "outsiders" coming in to take over the group with Ego -- and out-numbering the original home group members, and took the group into a different direction.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby jgrabo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:29 pm

I have 2 home groups here in NW Pa and both of them are closed for the business end of the groups, both groups have been around for over 35 years and some of the group founders are still around with over 40 years of sobriety. They say they do it for the exact reason that Dallas stated in his comments and they are pretty old school groups no BS out of them!!!

John
jgrabo

Return to 12 Traditions Discussion