- The exact nature of my wrongs.

The exact nature of my wrongs.

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

The exact nature of my wrongs.

Postby andyfar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:41 am

Hi.
Regarding the 4th step inventory. In my resentment inventory, in the 4th column do i write:- where had i been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened ?. Are these things the exact nature of my wrongs.
Appreciate your help.
andyfar

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 am

Yes.

For more help, you may want to check out:
http://www.step12.com/step-4.html

Selfish, Dishonest, Self-seeking, Frightened (afraid), Inconsiderate.

These five things are the core of what we do -- as a result of "thinking mostly about ourselves -- most of the time." (A simple description of "self-centeredness." ) . We've been living our lives as if "it's all about us" and that the world and everything in it "revolves around us." (We make it personal by personal-izing everything).

Self-centeredness is the thing that we're trying to be "rid of" and we must be rid of it entirely -- or it kills us, as alcoholics. It's the core of what feeds our mind into obsessional frenzy.

And, this is what it means to "be rid of Self". We can't be rid of Self entirely, or we would be dead. It's the "self-centered-ness" about ourselves that this refers to, in being "rid of Self."

I hope that helps.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby andyfar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate it.
Andy.
andyfar

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 am

I appreciate you, Andy! Thanks for being here on the forum. I was just getting ready to answer your PM about noticing your post. :wink: It's great to have you with us. I'm working on a new software and design for our site here -- and hopefully, we'll be able to share some photos with each other. Then, for some of us like me... that hasn't been able to travel to far off places in the world -- I'll be able to see what it's like for others. I'm looking forward to it!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober