- Hi all

Hi all

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi all

Postby taoofpooh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi, I'm Sonya and I'm an alcoholic. I'm new here and have been wanting to get sober for a while. I'm sober today so that's a start. There's a mtg I'm planning on attending Friday evening even though I have huge phobia's of going places I've never been and new people. Joining this forum is a start in the right direction. Just reading what I have has helped.

Thanks everyone!
taoofpooh

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 am

Hi Sonya nice to meet you :D Welcome to sobriety !! and the site

I am glad you are here and I hope you make it to that meeting on Fri

I can relate to having a fear of going I `m not a big fan of new places & people either
but I can tell you this that when I was desperate enough to want to really get sober the best thing I ever did in my life was go to a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous

and I can tell you that it was nothing like I tried to make it in the thoughts that where running through my alcoholic mind :)
I know for me the more I think about it the worse it can become in my mind :evil:

but I am here to tell you that it was one of the best decisions I ever made it definitely saved my life !!!!!

I hope and Pray that you will decide to go to the meeting
there are others there that understand how you are feeling and they will welcome you with open arms or at arms lentgh if you prefer :) but they will welcome you and they will show you how they got and stay sober

you are not alone I hope to hear from you again please let me know how your first meeting goes and feel free to PM me anytime

I`m glad you are here
your Sister in Sobriety Cessie :wink:
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Welcome to the site Sonya. Thanks for sharing. I just replied to your other post so I'll keep this one short. I'm wishing the best for you. And, we're here to help. Regardless of what's going on for you -- none of us here will judge you, or else we'd just be judging ourselves. :lol: We've all been there where you're at and we understand. So, whatever you do and whatever is going on for you -- remember that we're here for you and that we understand. Just keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby taoofpooh » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks Dallas and Cessie. I've stayed sober today and am still iffy about the meeting though I know it won't be bad. It would help if it were earlier in the evening. I may look for one during the day on saturday.

Thanks again for all the support.
Sonya
taoofpooh

Postby ccs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:43 pm

nice to hear from you and sober for today is awesome cause thats all we can really do anyway just take one day at a time

yesterday is HISTORY tomorrow a MYSTERY right now is all that I can do anything about :)
I`m really happy that you are here Sonya and I look forward to getting to know you if there is anything that I can do just let me know we are ALL here for you
I would like to suggest if you havent already done it that you start reading the book of Alcoholics Anonymous we call it the Big Book you can read it hear online and if you would like a copy of your own I or just about anyone else here would be more than happy to send you a copy as a gift

JUST KEEP COMING BACK we need you as much as you need us

always here for you Cess
ccs

Postby taoofpooh » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks CCS, didn't make the meeting and drank fri/sat but determine to start staying sober on work nights. I'll start reading the Big Book here online.
taoofpooh

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Keep coming back.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Sermon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Glad your here, I just started the online meetings too. It's always good to have someone that is fresh in sobriety. You help us as much as we help you. We get to see you grow and you get to give us faith that recovery still works for the newcomers.

It's a win win situation.

Being new in sobriety going to new places and meeting new people was hard for me too. I have a big fear of the unkown. All I knew before I got here was that the bottle took my fear away. Until one day I found myself alone thinking that I wasn't good enough for anything. That was all in my mind. I've found people here just like me, were not bad people we just have a disease. The only thing bad about having this thing is not knowing that you have it. If we know we have it we can start on the cure for it. Keep it simple and keep comin back
Sermon

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery