- Hi ya'll

Hi ya'll

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi ya'll

Postby Sermon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Hey Everybody. I'm Sermon and I'm from Texas. Found you guys on Google earlier looking for a topic for the meeting I'm chairing tomarrow. I've been through the ringer. Drinking got me put in jail for 9 months where for the first time ever I read the book Alcoholics Annymous. When I paroled out I went to recovery center near houston where for the first time I found people that thought and acted just like me! WOW, I'd been alone so long I didn't think anyone else in this world thought just like me! I stayed in the program and latched on for 1 1/2 years only to find myself going back out over a resentment involving a woman! Found myself 3 months later back in these rooms (of course with nothing left) and have been here for 9 months! I realize what it's like to go back out now and with many prayers, service work, sponsorship, step work, and meetings I have gotten back what was so freely giving to me the first time. I charish the gift of sobriety and relationship with my higher power. I've found that We Agnostics is now one of my favorite chapters in the big book. Anyway hope my accent doesn't get in the way of anyone elses sobriety!!! LOL, but glad to be a member.
Sermon

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Welcome to the site Sermon! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more from you! Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery