- Whew boy.....

Whew boy.....

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby RichC » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Congrats!!!
Eight should be a breeze.
RichC

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks gentlemen.....eight is here! I tell ya last Friday was scary as the weekend approached I was full of F.E.A.R. Usually on Fridays I would start drinking and not sober up until Sunday. But I handled it...one.....minute...at...a....time. I got to the point I said to myself to go ahead go do it, drink up! And I could not do it. That was encouraging.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again for encouragement and this wonderful site.

CK

PS...has anyone had changes in their physical vision (eyes) after quitting?
CK Stealth

Postby jgrabo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Way to go Carol! We are told in this fellowship that it's one day at a time but in many instances we need to break it down further as you did in going minute by minute. You will find that what ever works for you not to take the dreaded 1st one is what you need to do! God Bless and keep it up, it will get easier to get by those weekends!! :lol: :lol:

John
jgrabo

Postby CK Stealth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 am

Well, here we are at the weekend again. My anxiety level is a bit lower, but my guard is not lower. Alcohol is SUCH a subtle worm. I found strength and encouragement here this week and want to thank all of you. To the folks who are new may you find strength and peace to look forward.

My prayers......
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 am

Congrats Carol! Hang in there. You'll be glad you did.

Yes. Had lots of physical changes as a result of sobriety. Most were good. The weight gain wasn't. :lol: After coming off a liquid diet, and then eating lots of donuts and cookies and cake and candy and chocolate... :lol: Well... I guess you get the idea. :wink: But, I'm working on it! I figured... at least fewer people die from eating donuts than they do drinking. And, I've never met anyone that got arrested for driving under the influence of chocolate cake!! :lol:

I've had problems w/ my eyes for the last few years. So, if you're having any eye changes I'd highly suggest seeing an eye doc.... unless they are changes for the better. I still highly suggest regular eye check ups, though. I could have saved the vision in my left eye if I'd only went to a doc regularly and had the pressure checked.

We did a lot of physical damage to our bodies while drinking. A lot! Once we quit drinking we stop causing the damage. Once we stay stopped drinking and start eating, sleeping, taking vitamins... and laughing a lot... we get better real fast. During the first year sober -- most of us look 10 years younger! Fact.

I hope you take the opportunity to make it to a few meetings this weekend. There are many good people in the Fellowship near you and they have some awesome meetings and activities on a regular basis. I've been to Central Offices all over the US -- and the one nearest you, is by far, one of the best in the country! Check it out. Stop by and visit w/ them. Meet the manager there and some of the volunteers and you'll see what I mean. You can have coffee w/ them and talk in an informal situation and I'm positive they will offer you some tips and advice, especially for which meetings to try. Reminds me... I need to make another trip up there and buy some books! Maybe... we could meet for coffee on my next trip up.

Best wishes and keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 am

Wow.....14 days? 14 days? Yep, stone cold sober. :shock:

Once again Saturday was a mind game. But talking to my HP lead me away from that temptation.

Damage we've done to our bodies? Well, after seven head wounds, two broken ribs, numerous hematomas all from blacking out I can say my body is in a complete state of appreciation. LOL. Apparently my change in eyesight is the result of a drop in blood pressure which is the result of NOT DRINKING. It's all good....but I remain vigilant.

Dallas, sure, come get your books and we'll get coffee.

Prayers for all. Thanks everyone.
CK Stealth

Postby RichC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Awesome!!! Keep going hard!!!
You will be a winner come He// or High Water!!
RichC

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Congrat's Carol!!! That's awesome!!! I'll try to make that trip towards the end of this month. I was just going to order the books by phone or online from them, but... since you're up there... I could use the coffee! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 am

LOL...Rich thanks, you are a wild man!!!! Read your warning. Cool.

So how many different ways can we drink coffee. HOT. WARM. COLD. ICED. IV?.....maybe not so much. Look forward to it Dallas.

As I read through this site I see where many have returned to drink...I know that can happen to me. So, I prepare for a battle in the future.

Always vigilant.....bless you all.
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:45 pm

True. However... many many more have stayed sober! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery