- Trusting and Relying on God

Trusting and Relying on God

Topics related to AA Meetings - and alcohol addiction recovery

Postby Dallas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 pm

For me to trust and rely on God -- without it being wishful, childish thinking -- I've got to know that I'm being painstaking about doing what I must do. And, that takes vigorous action.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am

Keith,

Wow. What a wonderful, heartfelt post. Your Momma was so lucky to have a son who loved her and understood her.

I think AA's philosophy on Higher Power is amazing. That is the very concept my Mom can't believe in. She thinks it's a crutch, etc. She can admit her alcoholism (it's kind of impossible for her not to at this late stage) but she doesn't believe in a higher power and now she's dying of the disease at the age of 59.

Thanks for the reminder to love our Mommas and that the Higher Power thing is a very vital part of AA, but yet so flexible as to include everyone's concept of a higher power.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello Keith, my heart and thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I just sent you a PM with my phone number -- please call anytime 24/7 if you'd like to talk. Our stories and experiences have so much in common -- that it's strange sometimes when you write about you -- it's almost like your writing about me. A few differences -- but many more similarities.

One thing I noticed in your message above was a typo. :wink: I think you meant to write that your wife and twins have never seen you drink instead of never seen you sober! :wink: I guess the reason I noticed was I type like that, too!

Your story above was very moving and right on the spot for me. There's something that I need to take care of and your message let me know that nows the time that I need to do it.

I love you and care about you Keith. And, I hope you know it. Your presence here in the forum sharing your experience strength and hope has helped me and Iknow it's been a tremendous source of strength, encouragement and help for others, too!

Wishing the best for you,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to A. A. Meeting Topics