- God is a real character!

God is a real character!

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

God is a real character!

Postby recovering_mama » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:49 am

My last drink was June 18, 2010 and since then I have been sleeping like baby. It has been heaven, really. When I was drinking I'd sleep fitfully and wake up with a raging headache and all that goes along with a hangover-- not everyday but certainly often enough.

Well, I was awake in the night tossing and turning from 3 a.m.-5 a.m. then developed a wicked headache-- so reminiscent of my drinking days. I got up and proceeded to vomit-- again, taking me right back to the bad old days. I had to laugh between retching as I thanked God for reminding me of the horrors of the hangover, not to mention all of the hoopla that went along with my drinking (the hoopla was always second-hand news to try to fix as I would black out more often than not!).

So, happy Monday to you all and may you enjoy a beautiful July day. I am GRATEFUL!

xo :D
recovering_mama

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Happy Monday Mama! Thanks for sharing. Your sharing takes me back in memory to all the interesting and similar things that happened to me! "We're not alone -- and we're not so unique!" :lol:

Wishing the best of the best for you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sierrasage » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi folks,
I had a similar experience at about 6 months of sobriety. I too had a bit of a "chuckle" as I was barfing and remembering all those times when the cause had simply been too much alcohol. Here I was having the same physical experience, but my situation and emotional state were "Oh-So-Different"!

Thanks to all who share their experience, strength, and hope on this website.

Sherrie
sierrasage

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:22 am

Welcome to the site Sherrie! And, thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing you around here more often!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery