- Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcoholics who want to achieve sobriety

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby jgrabo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Sherri,
Not sure if you have checked back on this post or not but I would like to add just a little bit more info for you. Not sure if you have a transportation problem that make it so you cannot get to meetings but if thats the case may I suggest that you call your area office as I'm sure they could find someone more that willing to help you out. They are located in St. George @ the following phone # 435-674-4791. What ever you decide remember the most important thing for you is to maitain your sobriety!!! Best wihes and God bless!!

John
jgrabo

Postby Dallas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks John. I appreciate you!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby jgrabo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks to you, all that you do here with this site and the honesty in your responses to all. Even if it's something we don't want to hear but what we really need to hear. God Bless and take care!

John
jgrabo

Postby KT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi everyone....glad to be here happy and sober! Another day done without a drink as I am in my pj's and getting ready for bed.

I can see already this is a very helpful site....especially if you are in need of a meeting and can't get to one. I too, have a transporation issue due to losing my license. I live in a small community with very little public transportation. I have found this site and another that has been helping me keep on track with my sobriety. I do manage to get to at least 2 meetings a week and I love the noon group that I call my Home meeting place. I have not had a drink since Dec 15, 2010.....so I am at almost 8 months. Sites like these give me the much encouragement I need. I see HOPE. I see peoples lives change for the better. I see MY life changing for the better. But being new in my sobriety, I still get the urges...the anxious feeling of what I used to be like. My family and co-workers have seen such an improvement in my overall way of being. I like who I am now. I cannot thank the AA program enough. I want to be FREE ! Free to live and free to see. Free to live and love and feel those things for me.

The people are great on this site and I hope to get to know all of you better and enjoy life free of alcohol.

Thank you for letting me share.

Love, Kathy
KT

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello Kathy! Welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing and I hope to read more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

coucou

Postby princessedoris » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 am

Bonjour a tous je Suis Doris suis Alcoolique ,et sobre depuis le 11 aout 2010,au plaisir de partager avec vous!!

je suis du canada.......... :)
princessedoris

Postby Dallas » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Bonjour Doris! Au plaisir de vous rencontrer! Et, félicitations sur votre sobriété!

Désolé - je ne parle pas français. : Lol:

Bienvenue sur le site! J'espère que vous trouverez quelque chose d'utile ici. Je suis impatient de faire votre connaissance!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey Doris, I caught that but I stopped my French in grade 8 as growing up near Toronto it was not seen as a top priority.

However I can understand and keep on going and don't go away. Keep us close and all the best to you avoir un bon jour but that is the extent of my French unless I'm sitting in a chair lift at Tremblant 8)

Ciao,
Ranman99

This sucks

Postby trarost25 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:53 am

I used to be so vibrant and happy. I am really going down the wrong path. I want to be on here because I want to change and be happy Alcohol sucks but it sucks me back in. :(
trarost25

Postby billytneedshelp » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi everyone Im glad I found this site ,my name is Billy and Im an alcoholic.I have tried to do it on my own and have actually gone a year once without drinking, Iam 46 and have been drinking on and off,mostly on,since i was 14 .But I always seem to go back drinking again when something goes wrong,Ihave never been to AA or rehab but ifinally think its time to get help,i am a binge drinker and my body and mind just cant take it anymore Ihave meetings right here in town and i am going tommorow Ihavent had a drink in 4 days and this time Iwant to keep it that way!i cant keep quitting and starting again it is killing me! just one question can i bring someone with me and can i go there and just listen at first?,any help will be apprciated.
billytneedshelp

PreviousNext

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober