- Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:11 am

Yep. 3 weeks sober. I entertained friends last Thursday and Friday evening. When the drink order came around I declined. A hush went over my peeps...LOL...They were amazed that I had quit. In fact two friends confided in me later that they feel trapped, at the mercy of alcohol. I felt the same for many many years, and, still do at times.

Maybe if they see I can do it, they will find their own inner strength.

I'm kinda in LOVE with being sober. Thanks for all you on this site....blessings.
CK Stealth

Postby jgrabo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Congrats on the three weeks Carol!! :lol: Keep up the good work! Not sure if I've seen where you got to that meeting yet but hopefully you have. Also do yourself a favor and get a sponsor as soon as possible, I waited for what I now believe to be too long. The program works if you work it and a sponsor will see to that you do. God Bless

John
jgrabo

Postby Dallas » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Congrats Carol!

That's how it worked for me. I stumbled into AA and saw some people staying sober. Started wondering if it might work for me, too. So, I tried it. And, then some peeps started noticing that I was staying sober... and they began to wonder if it would work for them, too! That's what "came to believe" means to me. I came around and started seeing people like you that were staying sober. Something I knew that I couldn't do. I became willing to look into it further. Then further and further.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks John, Dallas as usual your encouragement is muchly appreciated. Sneaking up on one month. It's so amazing how much clarity comes with sobriety!!!

Blessings all.
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:06 pm

It's amazing!!! And, I'm looking forward to that cup of coffee w/ you! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 am

Despite the untimely death of my neighbor this weekend I have remained sober (one month)....more so now that I think how quick life can end. Especially when I think of all the opportunities i've had to croak when I was turbo drinker. Sad weekend. RIP my neighbor.

Coffee is still cool Dallas!
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Sad to hear about your neighbor. Glad to hear about you. Life really is short -- regardless of how much of it we get. I get so jazzed every day when I open my eyes, my heart is still beating, I'm still sober, and I think "What a bonus this is!!!" We stay sober. Start doing the things that we should have been doing all along. Keep doing them. And, Wham-o! We get struck with the Good Life!!! :wink:

Congrats on your month! That is absolutely fantastic!!!! And, I'm sure looking forward to that cup of coffee w/ you! Maybe we can buddy-up and pay a visit on that Central Office up there, too! If you haven't been in there yet -- I guarantee you'll love it when you do.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Postby Larry H. » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:52 pm

CK Stealth wrote:Yep. 3 weeks sober. I entertained friends last Thursday and Friday evening. When the drink order came around I declined. A hush went over my peeps...LOL...They were amazed that I had quit. In fact two friends confided in me later that they feel trapped, at the mercy of alcohol. I felt the same for many many years, and, still do at times.

Maybe if they see I can do it, they will find their own inner strength.

I'm kinda in LOVE with being sober. Thanks for all you on this site....blessings.

Wlecome and a Big Congratulations on a Month of sobriety!!. My sincere condolances on the loss of your neighbor. It is reat to see the program is working for you.

I love your your statement "I'm kinda in LOVE with being sober".
I can certainlly identify with that.

Larry,
---------------
A smile in a meeting may be just the message a newcomer may need
Larry H.

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 am

Thank you Larry and welcome to you too.
CK Stealth

Postby CK Stealth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Well I found a meeting to attend today. Why? After a month of being sober on my own I'm really feeling POWERLESS. I can be all willpowered up but I know it will end somewhere down the line. I don't want to drink again. I don't want my death to be self-inflicted. I don't want to walk up to the pearly gates and say 'OOOPS what was I thinkin?!'

I went to our Central Office today to talk about meetings, buy THE book(s). Thanks to the compassionate gentlemen I talked to I found a meeting. The manager of our Central Office attends this one. Oh and today is her 30yr anniversary. So I can't wait to meet her. And thank you Dallas for support and encouragement!!

Monday night I'll be there. Now I just have to get through the weekend. Maybe I can be like Otis and just go to the jail, lock myself up while sober.
(Otis=Andy Griffith show drunk)

Here I go, I'll keep you posted.
CK Stealth

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery