- Hello!!! My name is Larry

Hello!!! My name is Larry

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello!!! My name is Larry

Postby Larry H. » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 am

Hello!!! My name is Larry, I am alcoholic, a sober member of AA, and I live in Brooksville, Florida, USA. I recently celebrated 34 years of sobriety One day at A time. I sobered up in Honolulu, Hawaii on July 12, 1976 and by the Grace of my Higher Power whom I choose to call God and Alcoholics Anonymous I have never found it necessary to pick up a drink again.

My home group is the Heavy Hitters Big Book Study Group in Brooksville Florida. I recently moved to Florida from East Aurora, New York (just South of Buffalo, NY) and I have a home group there also. It is the Eye Opener South which meets at 7 AM every day of the year holidays included. Right now I am in my motor home on an extended visit with my son and his family in Albany, NY. I fully intend to find a home group here as well as my wife and I will be visiting each summer for the foreseeable future.

I am retired from the US Navy and from a Telecommunications Company and this allows me to devote a lot of time to AA sharing my experience, strength and hope with others. As I travel being a member of AA means that no matter where I go I have friends there. I just haven't met them yet.

Besides AA I am a very active member of the Shriners and do public speaking in support of Shriner's Hospitals for Children.

I have worked all twelve steps of Alcoholics Anonymous under the guidance of a sponsor who worked all twelve steps. I discovered much to my astonishment that my problem was not my drinking, my problem was my thinking. By continuing to work the maintenance steps 10, 11 and 12 I am usually as the Big Book says "Happy, Joyous and Free".

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here and meet my friends in AA

Larry, :D
------------------
I've been driven to a good attitude by being hit over the head by self-will
Larry H.

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Welcome to the site Larry! Thanks for sharing your uplifting and inspiring experience with us! It's great to hear from you and I look forward to hearing from you often! I hope you can share some of your time and experience with us here. You're participation will be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby RichC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Welcome Larry.
I am spotty on here but I read it every day.
Look forward to hearing more of your experiences.
RichC

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 am

Great to see both of you guys here! Thank you for your sharing. I appreciate you and I appreciate you sharing. It does me a lot of good.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery