- 11 Months tonight, THANK YOU GOD!

11 Months tonight, THANK YOU GOD!

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

11 Months tonight, THANK YOU GOD!

Postby BostonGuy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:58 pm

:D WOW, 11 months at 8:05pm tonight!!!! Been a great day in AA.

11 Months of Sobriety and Recovery, one day at a time, sometimes seconds at a time!

I'm Happy
The Boss is Happy
New Girl Friend is making me Happy (taking it very very slowly)! Looking forward to September 2nd :P

Life is good! Just keep doing the next right thing.

Sober today, but for the grace of God, The fellowship, My Sponser and my Home Groups!!

BostonGuy
BostonGuy

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:21 am

Thanks for sharing Boston! Congrats and keep coming back! I got so happy at 5 1/2 months sober that I celebrated six months two weeks early! :lol: :lol: Then, I couldn't get sober again!

Hang in there. Keep coming back and give us a helping hand here. We sure could use you and you could be helpful to many!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby RichC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:44 am

AWESOME!!!
Feels good dont it.
One year is right around the corner.
Be Proud as you deserve to be.
RichC

Postby KT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 am

Hey Boston, congrats on 11 months and counting. I know I have a way of counting how long it has been. Which was 8 months on Aug 15th. Then I was seeing my counselor last week and mentioned I would have 8 months on Sun. He was like "and then what"? "What happens at 8 months?" At first I thought he was trying to burst my bubble. That he didn't think it was any big deal. So what, 8 months....that was my impression. So I thought about it and replied that it was kind of a milestone for me. I had never gotten this far and worked the program as I'm supposed to before. That I did feel GOOD about it ! I was proud of myself ! But in all reality - 8 months - it's just another day of sobriety. I'm not cured at 8 months. I'm not cured at 8 years. And that was the point he was trying to make. I told him I knew that. I had already been that route and I knew first hand I would never be cured. So I guess I had another lesson in humility. To be humble and not get too full of myself. There will be plenty more 24 hour days to add to my 8 months and this lifetime of recovery.

I know my counselor knows what he is doing. Relaspe prevention. And I will trust him to teach me, along with my meetings and church. Life is good now I have no doubt about that. And the word I think sticks the most with me lately is "willingess" - I have be willing. Willing to pray and get to meetings and listen.....really listen to God and other AA's who are succeeding with their sobriety. It's a beautiful thing.

I think it's awesome you have almost a year. And I'll certainly pat you on the back and others when they hit another mark. That helps me too !

Thanks everyone - have a great day.
KT

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories