- Tired of it!

Tired of it!

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Tired of it!

Postby Devorah » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Y'know- I am tired of being alone! I am tired of having to do it all.... I am tired of wanting to go get coffee with someone or go to a movie and having to make 1000 phone calls (exaggeration) before and if I find someone to go with. And yes I do often go by myself and thats fine but I want someone to go with. And I want to know that there is someone I can go with.

Y'know what? I want a boyfriend. I want intimacy.

I have been in recovery for a year and I just feel kind of- clean and I want to share myself with someone.

There I said it....thats whats real for me.

I dont remember how.....God has this, in His timing- and I'm ready!
Devorah

Postby GeoffS » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 pm

You think you're ready, ok fine that's great.

Wonder if god does? Who knows, only god.

"I want I want" well of course I do, but what I need is what is given. God takes care of that, he does it when I try to live step 3.

Sometimes not getting what I want when I think I want it is a lucky escape.
GeoffS

Postby Devorah » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

nice wake up call

not that I was sleeping

but I was wanting
Devorah

Postby GeoffS » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 pm

here's an analogy

When I think of the big picture (say I want a new job) and want to change it, nothing happens.

When I focus on little things (doing my job today well) I gain more respect and esteem and become more attractive to employers. Keep doing it and maybe job offers will come my way?
GeoffS

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:09 am

GeoffS wrote:Sometimes not getting what I want when I think I want it is a lucky escape.

Ain't that the truth!
Tim

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:25 am

God provides worms for the birds... but, they won't know about it and won't find it... if they stay in the nest. :wink:

I used to know an unemployed sober alkie that would share in the meetings "I guess God has a job for me when I pick up and shake these classifieds and a job falls out of them!"

I don't know if a job ever fell out of the paper for him or not... and I don't know if he read the job ads and tried to apply for them... or... if he just shook the paper, maybe prayed, and waited for God to drop a job out of the paper for Him. :lol:

I wonder how many single people, that want a relationship in life... wait at home... waiting for God to send someone knocking on their door, to ask them "Hey! Are you available and do you want a relationship?" :lol:

I learned in advertising, many years ago... that if you think you have something good that might benefit yourself and others... you've got to tell the others about it! Then, make it available where they can find it! :lol:

Some people, like me... can't hear God's voice, like other people can hear it. So, some of us still depend upon stumbling into a good thing... or, we get out and let someone know what we want.

Good luck! Let us know what happens. Maybe, by sharing what you figure out... I can give it a try! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Haven't heard back from you in my PM, so I'll post it here:

COME WITH ME TO THE SPEAKER'S MEETING AT MY AA CLUB TONIGHT!

I'm serious. There's going to be a dynamite woman speaking and the club is a great place for mingling and meeting people (read:men).

We have a new manager who has a strict no harassment, no disrespect policy, so you can feel comfortable and safe.

I can introduce you to lots of people, and after the meeting people like to play Mexican dominoes. It's a great way to have fun and interact without feeling pressured. Come join us!

I'll be looking for your PM. :wink:
sunlight

sober 13 years

Postby gymlin » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Ive been sober 13 years and Im still alone. Im alone because I cant handle relationships with the opposite sex and thats the truth because all my worst defects come out. Yes i need to work on this because its pretty obvious I take prisoners but no matter how much work Ive done in the past I still react the same way. So guess Im not destined to be with anyone but Im happy with my situation because if my HP decides Im ready then Im ready but so far my HP doesnt think Im ready. Ive tried various relationships and always ended up ripping the thoats out of the men in my life :twisted: so I dont go there now and concentrate on doing service and helping other alcoholics achieve sobriety. Some of us are not destined to be with anyone and maybe Im one of them.... :D
gymlin

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I understand. Welcome to the site! Glad you're here and thanks for sharing!
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby mcfinn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:53 pm

I thought I was ready too. Two years sober without dating or sex. Yep wasn't ready cause I almost drank when a girl I was dating broke up with me. Yes it sucks big tome being alone but to me it's better than drinking.
mcfinn

Next

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery