- Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Hang in there Carol. If you want -- I can send you my cell number if you need to talk -- or... remember, you can all the people that volunteer there at Central Office -- probably most the day and way up into the night!

Also... would it be okay to try another meeting, between now and the one monday? That might work if it's an option. They have many going on around you -- often. The fellowship and hanging out with others, for me, was where it was at. If you ask them, you can find the ones that hang out together before and after meetings -- like having mini social meetings in coffee shops till the weeee hours in the mornings. :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 am

Thank God for this site. Made it through the weekend and now looking forward to my first meeting tonight. I don't think maintaining sobriety is something I can handle solo. Thanks to all here and to you Dallas for hosting this place. Now on to work!
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:12 am

Thanks for checking in Carol. It's great to hear from you, to hear of your progress, and to know that you made it through the weekend! Wishing you a wonderful meeting tonight. Keep coming back!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you Dallas. Today cracks me up. I'm going to my first meeting tonight and all sorts of events are trying to goof it up. Sick dog, sick me (bp issue), and now I have the truck in the shop with a huge nail in the tire.

LOL....I'm goin....LOL
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:51 am

That's common -- at least common for me. It seems like, sometimes, something in life seems like it starts throwing obstacles in my path -- right before I find the really good stuff. Some, call it a "test" I don't call it that. If it's a test -- then, I probably already failed it. :lol: I just call it Life. I read a story once about a miner that bought some property. He mined the property for many years and never found anything of value. He gave up and sold out for cheap. The new buyer came in and started digging. And, within three feet -- he discovered what became the largest diamond mine in the world. The original owner had worked all his life -- and gave up three feet from finding the treasure that he had been seeking. They said, in the story that it was a true story. I try to remember that story every time I have those little difficulties that turn into big problems -- that get in my way. I keep putting one foot in front of the other instead of giving up. And, most often -- I'm glad that I did.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby gunner48 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:37 am

I'M JUST AN OLD CHUNK OF COAL BUT I'LL BE A DIAMOND SOME DAY
gunner48

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:50 am

Truly Gunner.....truly.

I've actually had that happen to me Dallas...LOL but no diamonds involved...dang. Geesh this must be Chapter 2 day, I keep reading and re-reading and re-reading. Very moving.

Try to stay cool today!!!!
CK Stealth

Postby sober1988 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Hello, All:

Teresa here, alcoholic. I just joined this group today and glad to be here! I've been reading several of the posts and have enjoyed them all. I look forward to sharing with you all. Thanks, T
sober1988

Postby CK Stealth » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 am

Welcome T ! This site is a godsend. Enjoy!!!
CK Stealth

Postby sober1988 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello, CK! Thank you for the welcome - glad you are here and glad to be here! I have been so wrapped up in work, family (grandkiddos) and such, and have slacked off on my AA fellowship, so I need to get back to basics!!

I'll be checking in daily and will be glad to 'listen' to all you alkies as well as sharing my own experiences. Take care! Teresa
sober1988

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery