- Not scared any longer :)

Not scared any longer :)

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Not scared any longer :)

Postby CK Stealth » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Going to my second meeting tonight.
My desire to remain sober has trumped
any fears I have of fellowship.

Happy Friday All!
CK Stealth

Postby Larry H. » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Way to go CK,

Keep going to meetings, work the steps and it keeps getting better one day at a time.

Larry
-----------
First we work the program because we have to. Then we work the program because we are willing to. Finally we work the program because we want to.
Larry H.

Postby Dallas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:29 am

Way to go Carol! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sober1988 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm

CK, glad to hear you are making meetings. It DOES get better and so glad you are sharing your experiences with us here. "Take what you need and leave the rest" was a saying I referred to often in my new sobriety. Another favorite of mine was/is "Keep it Simple"...

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! In the fellowship, Teresa
sober1988

Postby CK Stealth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It was a speaker meeting and I was spellbound by the fellow's story. Realizing I'm not alone in this calms me down enough to face reality.

Hope you all had a great weekend....now get to work!!!!! :D
CK Stealth

Postby sober1988 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 am

My first AA meeting was a speaker meeting. I had agonized over going to the meeting, fearing all eyes would be on 'me' and they would all gather around and start asking a whole lot of questions. I remember how heavy that door seemed to be when I opened it! I was scared, but went on in. To my relief, they had a speaker meeting and no one seemed to even notice my presence. That was a godsend! I still remember some of the things that speaker said and how his story gave me hope that I too could achieve sobriety. Glad you had a good meeting, CK! Take care and have a great Tuesday to all you alkies! In the fellowship, Teresa :lol:
sober1988

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 am

I'm now in my third week of meetings and I am in awe of the personal stories and their desire to share with me, lead me. I read last night in the meeting and was so enriched....just for reading. I'm now praying about a sponsor so I can dig into the steps. I may be jumping the gun on this but I've been thinking about this 'inventory'. Whewweee. I think my biggest fault is that I get so far along with God and then I say "See ya, I can handle it from here." Well I can't handle it on my own.

Okay I'm rambling. Thanks to all of you, I will keep you posted.

ck
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 am

Great news CK! Great to hear it! I GUARANTEE you... that if you keep doing what you're doing... you're going to soon be daily logging in telling how "This is amazing!!! It's unbelievable how good it's getting for me!". I know this from my own experience and from the experience of countless others like you and me, CK. I'm a people watcher. I love to watch people. And, this is the experience that I've seen from everyone of them, that grabs on to this deal and really starts doing it! Looking forward to hearing more -- and looking forward to that cup of coffee, too!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery