- I Just Don't Know How To or Tell My Sponsee What To Do ?

I Just Don't Know How To or Tell My Sponsee What To Do ?

Discussions related to Sponsors, Sponsoring, Working with others,

Postby jgrabo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:33 pm

I would be of the opinion that your sponsee is not in the same position that you were in that she really doesn't want it bad enough. In my short time in the fellowship I have seen lots come and go and come and go because they really didn't want it bad enough. When it gets bad enough she will probably do anything just like you did. Sometimes quickly-Sometimes slowly!

John
jgrabo

Postby Rain » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:11 am

Oh boy Pink Cloud does that sound familier. I finally thought that while I really hated watching them go out, there were some that really had no interest or intention of getting sober.

I think maybe the reason they ask for a sponsor is to be able to say they had one, and "AA didn't work for me". It is a little hard to take, but it kept me sober. As far as the liturature goes, I believe the view is take the message to someone who wants to hear it.

I understand you; I wanted it, and worked for it.
Rain

Postby Ranman99 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:39 am

This is good. I'd tell him to join this site :? :shock: :lol:

Much dang good advice on here 8)

I like the middle paragraph of the BB on page 52 "We had to ask ourselves ..." and spend some time seeing how that really applies to me in many situations.
Really diggin in on that one.

Right after I ponder that one I like the last para on page 64. I always remember that one cuz 1964 rings a bell with me.

Ciao, for now.
Ranman99

Previous

Return to Sponsors Forum