- Rigorous Honesty.....

Rigorous Honesty.....

Topics and discussions related to being single and or dating while in recovery

Postby KT » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:51 pm

No apology necessary Ranman. In fact I kind of liked the part about "breaking out in handcuffs" - don't think I'll ever use it but I certainly know what you mean my friend.

I think it is great we have this site to use as another tool to build our bridge to sobriety. Don't think I've ever had so much determination before (as a sober person anyway). And it does feel good. REALLY GOOD. Now I just need to keep it up and praying I will get over all the pain I put on others. I'm sure that will come with more time and growth.

Need to put step 8 down on paper and get going with some action on to making amends for 9.

Someone once said, steps 1, 2 and 3 are the warm up. 4-9 is getting out all the garbage. 10, 11 & 12 - maintanence.

Guess I'll keep coming back....sounds like a good plan to me.

Enjoy and smiles to all.

Love, Kath
KT

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks a lot. Ya I have said it so many times in the last 20 months that I did not think the program works the way it does when fully applied.

I must have been a sceptic or something. Or maybe just a nut case :lol:

I was chatting on here last year about surrendering a little bit more every few months and I think it was here that someone said I may want to try that every day.

I do know that I need to let my brain (and heart) get into gear before I start the mouth though. My lovely wife reminds me of that every other day :oops:

Take good care,
Ranman99

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:37 pm

One more thing. Many many years ago I used to live in Windsor. Used to cut down into Michigan all the time;-) Used to go to the zoo. Used to watch my folks get tanked with the neighbours :lol: 8)

Some nice spots esp. around the lake;-) though Detroit was still a bit snakey at the time back around '73 or '74 :shock:

Ciao,
Ranman99

Previous

Return to Single and Dating in Recovery