- New, 49 days in, Sponsor gave me Step 12 website, Hi!

New, 49 days in, Sponsor gave me Step 12 website, Hi!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

New, 49 days in, Sponsor gave me Step 12 website, Hi!

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 am

Hello,

I'm new to AA and to this site. My sponsor asked me to come here and get familiar with things. So... Here I am.
The desire for alcohol has left me completely as of about 10 days ago. This after requesting the removal of it by prayer. I had very little faith in anything happening when I prayed, but thankfully this prayer was answered.
I am currently dealing with many "isms", and am so much in awe of this part of AA and other 12 step programs. I am surprised to learn how little I knew of the deep character issues that evolve into the backbone of addictive behaviors.
I actually thought I was pretty good, since I only drank heavy or binged once in a while, and went 5 months to 15 years and all ranges in between, without any alcohol at all. Then I read the 12 steps/traditions book, and I was amazed to see how much I rationalize my root behaviors, and these are the things that are "wrong" with me- that I need the fellowship of AA and others for.
I welcome the thoughts, inspiration, and comments of others, and would like to participate in helping other people in some way as I grow.

ImagineThis
ImagineThis

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Welcome to the site! I look forward to getting to know you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

HI :D WELCOME!!!! Hope to hear a lot from you keep comin back we need ya :D
ccs

Thanks

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Dallas,

Thank you. I have a long road ahead of me, and am looking for a lot of inspirational/motivational information. Hope to find it here.

ImagineThis

Dallas wrote:Welcome to the site! I look forward to getting to know you.

Dallas
ImagineThis

We need you...

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm

CCS

Not as bad as I need all of you... thanks!

ccs wrote:HI :D WELCOME!!!! Hope to hear a lot from you keep comin back we need ya :D
ImagineThis

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery