New, 49 days in, Sponsor gave me Step 12 website, Hi!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!
ImagineThis

New, 49 days in, Sponsor gave me Step 12 website, Hi!

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 am

Hello,

I'm new to AA and to this site. My sponsor asked me to come here and get familiar with things. So... Here I am.
The desire for alcohol has left me completely as of about 10 days ago. This after requesting the removal of it by prayer. I had very little faith in anything happening when I prayed, but thankfully this prayer was answered.
I am currently dealing with many "isms", and am so much in awe of this part of AA and other 12 step programs. I am surprised to learn how little I knew of the deep character issues that evolve into the backbone of addictive behaviors.
I actually thought I was pretty good, since I only drank heavy or binged once in a while, and went 5 months to 15 years and all ranges in between, without any alcohol at all. Then I read the 12 steps/traditions book, and I was amazed to see how much I rationalize my root behaviors, and these are the things that are "wrong" with me- that I need the fellowship of AA and others for.
I welcome the thoughts, inspiration, and comments of others, and would like to participate in helping other people in some way as I grow.

ImagineThis

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Welcome to the site! I look forward to getting to know you.

Dallas

ccs

Postby ccs » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

HI :D WELCOME!!!! Hope to hear a lot from you keep comin back we need ya :D

ImagineThis

Thanks

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Dallas,

Thank you. I have a long road ahead of me, and am looking for a lot of inspirational/motivational information. Hope to find it here.

ImagineThis

Dallas wrote:Welcome to the site! I look forward to getting to know you.

Dallas

ImagineThis

We need you...

Postby ImagineThis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:17 pm

CCS

Not as bad as I need all of you... thanks!

ccs wrote:HI :D WELCOME!!!! Hope to hear a lot from you keep comin back we need ya :D

Return to “Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery”