- Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 am

Three weeks are now closing in on 2 months sober. There are days I want it to speed up and be a year, other days I think 'slow down!'. Since starting to attend meetings not one has gone by by without having a >>>>JOLT<<<<<< experience revealing my true alcholoic self. Last night's meeting my 'aha' moment was when someone read about 'Live and Let Live'. I'm living but there are a couple of people that I am definitely not letting live. So that's my assignment for the week.

I love this time in my live, it's so honest. I'm greatful for all of you here and this site.

God Bless......as usual I'll keep you posted.

ck
CK Stealth

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 am

CK, I can identify with you on the "live and let live" thing. I need to be reminded of that too. I've got enough of my own junk to deal with. I don't need to get into others' junk. At least I think that's what "live and let live" is referring to.

Keep on trudging,

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Wow, that's awesome Carol!!!!! It does make it so much more exciting and easier, too, when we keep ourselves right in the middle of a pack of a bunch of sobriety-hunting sobriety-hounds! :lol: I have a high respect and regard for the Fellowship up in your area. I wish I didn't live so far away from it! Sounds like you're having fun -- and what more could we really ask for, than to have fun -- sober? :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks PeaceJoy, nice to know I have someone who identifies with that.

LOL Dallas! I go to a Wednesday night group that is wild about honesty and enthusiasm. I mean we go the solid time limit and the leader WILL NOT let anyone be silent as we discuss the Steps. And to be honest when I first showed up at this group I thought I definitely would not fit in. Wow, was I wrong! So I'm all done with that fear thing.

Sobriety rules! :!:
CK Stealth

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

I just might have to stay over a couple of nights up there to get enough of that good coffee that you're being served! LOL. My heart cries out to be smack dab in the middle of a pocket full of AA Enthusiasm!!! Put me in that environment and I feel like a sober teenaged Energizer Bunny! :lol:

I love AA and I love the people and all that they have done for me. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery