Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Fish » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Good evening you wonderful bunch of alcoholics! I am Fish and your newest member. I spent half my life sober, and half my life drunk, and I'm happy to be on the sober side again. I was helpless for many years but have found hope again- In God, in life, in me, in you, in us, in what we do in AA. I find beauty in our willingness to acknowledge our weaknesses and to seek the help we need. I am here for you as I know you are there for me. You are my brothers and sisters and we are family. Hugs
Fish

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Welcome to the site Fish! It's great to have you with us and I look forward to hearing and reading more from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Larry H. » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome Fish!

I look forward to getting to know you.

Larry,
---------------
AA is an education without graduation
Larry H.

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for sharing Larry.

I, too, love those little signatures at the ends of your messages! You're leaving some really nice gems laying around here and I really enjoy feasting on them.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Fish » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks guys. I've been reading through a lot of the forums, and it seems like things are going a little slow recently. Lots of members with no posts for example. Are there subjects that might be more interesting to members? I know that back in May, Tim-one mentioned opening a forum concerning higher power stuff. In my experience with AA, this is the toughest step for people to take and gain clarity of. Many of us have had crummy experiences with religion in the past, and the question for many of us, is "how do I acheive a spiritual relationship with a higher power without incorporating mankinds view of religion". The coolest thing about AA is that these are the kinds of questions we're supposed to be asking. There really aren't any dumb questions for us. Even the simplest of questions sometimes spawn the most deepest of revelations. Every time I think I know something, someone comes up with a statement that makes me say "aaahhhh", and think a little differently. These forums are ultra anonymous because we don't even see eachother. We should feel free to voice our truest feelings without fear of retaliation.

Special thanks to Dallas and Tim-one for their wonderful posts.
Fish

Postby november6 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Fish, hey I am new here too - I was really welcomed and I kinda see what you mean by it being a little bit slow as far as many other posters - so I am kinda glad I came! And maybe I even find it a little bit comforting that it's slow.. maybe what we are all writing will then be more under a scope - more probable to become known by other members and visa/vis? I also just invited a gal I know from my hometown to come on here, since she is also really AA involved and also online a lot.. This is really a new world getting involved in AA online, ha..I did it by instruction of my sponsor because I travel so often.. so far so good! Maybe you have another buddy or two that would join as well? Good to "meet" you!
november6

Postby Fish » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks november6. Is that your Birthday by the way? Anyway, yeah I haven't quite figured out why a lot of folks don't write, but I only need one person to make my day great. Living overseas is difficult to find meetings when I'm not working. Right now I'm working from 12:00- 9:00 at night. Never see my kids, and almost never catch a meeting. I'm truly blessed that God and I have worked out this drinking thing or I'd be a basket case. This has been a really good year for me. Seperation from my Wife, quit drinking and smoking (smoking was harder, or at least as hard), and I'm really focused on getting a new job because mine is terrible and I despise it with a passion. I pray constantly that I find someplace to work where God can really use me. All my life I've wanted to help people, and when I'm not, I feel sort of empty. Anyway, enough of my junk, how's your walk in sobriey?? Talk to you soon.
Fish

Postby november6 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 pm

hey again Fish! yep thats my sobriety date this time! of '05.. still a baby compared to many! Yeah sobriety is good. Every now and then I have a drunk dream and every time included in the dream is waking up the next day completely hungover and suicidal over the thought of having to deal with the embarrassing things I said or did. or broke. or threw. or got arrested over. SO it feels good to wake up and not have to check my phone to see who i drunk-dialed or if my car made it home with me. That anxiety is unBEARable.. And not worth the price of a night 1/2 remembered anyhow. The job situation? Hope you find a new one OR a way to make this one work! I know that feeling of having an awful job in sobriety and it makes it really hard to get up everyday sometimes! I'd keep posted here about that, maybe even start a thread (!) if you dont find a solution or some relief with that soon unless yr not taking it as hard as I did when in that situation, I almost lost my sanity over it! Good to see ya on here again! more soon!
november6

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:43 am

I like your daily check-in idea November6. Maybe I'll start one............tomorrow. :lol: My life is spent in two different cities right now too. Home town 3 days a week and my mom's home 4 days.......though that varies a bit. Sometimes less and sometimes more. Either way, this is a way to get and give support no matter the time of day or where I am. I would love to someday be on a regular schedule but this is my life for now. I'm going with the flow and working my program.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Fish: Great to hear from you! You are helping me and others -- already -- each time you write something here! I look forward to it!

November -- great to hear from you and great to hear your experience, too. Thanks for helping me today!

Peace! Thank you, too! I appreciate you and appreciate you helping me.

BTW: You just started checking in by leaving the message above! :lol: I hope to see you all here in the forum soon!

Best wishes,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery