- Relapse Dreams

Relapse Dreams

Discussions related to 12 Step Recovery and Treatment

Relapse Dreams

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:20 am

I had a very vivid, disturbing relapse dream last night. I dreamed that I drank and was very drunk, laying in bed with the spins (Ugghhh.....one of my least favorite things about drinking!) and that I was so upset. I thought "Oh man, now I have to call my sponsor and confess. Now I have to start over from day 1. Noooooo!" I awoke and still thought it was real. I reached for my phone to call my sponsor before I realized it was a dream. I did call her a little bit later and decided God was telling me to get to a meeting and quit letting my crazy life get in the way of my sobriety. So I did go to a meeting and got so much out of it. I had a long talk with my sponsor again tonight and I'm going to get back to work on Step 2.

Does anyone else here have those relapse dreams? If so, I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks,

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby butch » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:19 am

PeaceJoy, i too have had some using dreams. My dreams were only with a couple of months of sobriety under my belt. They were very vivid and i woke up in a cold sweat. I talked to both my iop counselor and my sponsor and they both said that it was my mind craving a drink. That devil is truly just ouside the door doing pushups, so i need to remember steps 1, 2, and 3 on a daily basis. Now having a few more months of sobriety, and nearing the 1 yr mark, i find that the dreams have not occurred lately. One of the old timers at a meeting said that he still has an occassional dream and he has 20+ years. I thank God today that i am having fewer dreams and pray that yours lessen also. One day at a time!

Butch
butch

Postby Larry H. » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:02 pm

It has been a long time since I have had a drunk dream.

The last couple of years I have on occasion dreamed of attending an AA meeting. WOW!! That starts the day off good when that happens.

Larry,
-----------
My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes. ~Douglas Adams
Larry H.

Postby oscwed » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:44 am

I know that alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful and is going to come at me in all different forms and at all different times. My dreams are one of them. But the greatest feeling is waking up knowing that it didn't really happen! This adds another item to my gratitude list!
oscwed

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks for sharing oscwed! It's good to hear from you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to 12 Step Treatment and Recovery