Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Fish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks guys, nice to be talking to other people who understand me. Isn't that the coolest thing that no matter where we are in the world, show us another alcoholic and we immediately have a bond of understanding. We had to go through the same crap to get and stay sober. Irregardless of the stories that brought us to sobriety it is through our higher power and eachother we stay clean and I don't know about y'all, but I love you all for fighting the good fight like I do. Sort of makes us all like soldiers in the same Army, and I'm happy to keep serving. Here's my prayer for today.

God, help us to show our light to those around us, alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike. Let us be an example to others as your strength grows within us. Through our weaknesses make us strong, and through our strengths allow us to show humility. Let us help to bring others who are still suffering into the flock, that they too may be saved from the deadly addicitions of our pasts. We thank you every day for our sobriety and the loving fellowship you have allowed us to have with eachother.
Amen and Hugs
Fish

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:34 am

Thank you for the awesome prayer, Fish! I'm praying it with you!

And, thank you for being you -- and for all that you do for us, both here on the site, in our recovery, and for serving for us, so that we continue to have the freedom to assemble and recover together!

Yes. We have a common bond in our affliction. We share a simple solution, upon which we can all agree. And, we have a Loving God, that loves us, cares for us, takes care of us, and helps us -- so that we can stay sober and do His will.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery