- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby november6 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:20 pm

hey all :D

Got to sleep in today, that isnt so rare actually but its always nice when my husband gets up with the baby in the morn and makes that happen! No real plans on the roster for today.. some laundry? Ha.. In between his jobs both of us have no other work to do besides parenting, which is a great thing, and also a curse with the too much time on hands! I miss home and my people a bit but again, it's nice to be evading the melting Austin summer this year.. Glad yr good Dallas! And thanks for checking in too, Peacejoy:) Hope your day is going well, I am around to chat pretty much all the time:)
november6

Postby Dallas » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:24 am

Happy Sunday! It is Sunday isn't it? :lol:

I stayed up too late last night -- so I slept in a little longer this morning.

I feel good. Healthy, sober, sane, and reasonably happy.

My major To-Do items, other than regular stuff is:

1. Mow the lawns.
2. Spray for weeds.
3. Fix a few things around the house.
4. Take the dogs out for a ride and walk
5. Work on a couple of videos.
6. Do some of my day-job today so that I don't have it to do tomorrow.
7. Keeping it real simple and easy.

Wishing everyone a great day. If you need me -- you know where to find me!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 am

Hi all :)

I have the day off. I'm going to a quilting group with my sponsor and several other nice women. Will go to a meeting tonight. I need to do some cooking . Nobody cooks when I'm gone. Sheesh! They've been living on sandwiches, etc.

Meeting tonight.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby november6 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 pm

hey all!

Just finished wathing the Cowboys lose- I'm not invested in their games what-so-ever, but i am trying to fill my husbands football watching guys shoes since we are out of town, ha.. today is our cheat day (we can eat whatever we please) and we are off to a good start with that so far, ha! Gonna call my sponsor and check-in when I log off.. thanks for checking in guys! What is "work on a couple videos" entail, Dallas?

Have a good day all!
november6

Postby november6 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Helllo again..

I just finished dancing to yo gabba gabbas finest with marlo..She "danced" for the first time today! I am SO GLAD that she gets to come into this world with a sober mama.. We get to pick our NY apt today, yay.. its a beautiful sober day in the neighborhood:)
november6

Postby Dallas » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Peace, hope you enjoyed the quilting. And, November, good luck on finding just the right apt! Sounds like you're both doing well!

The videos -- at the moment, I can't say much about them, other than working on them. :wink: Shoot. Cut. Edit. Sound. Pre-production, production and post-production stuff.

I didn't get my weeds done yesterday. Just went and bought a new sprayer and some brush killer juice. Gonna go mix up a batch and do some spraying.

I'm doing well. Healthy, sane & sober today. Spent some time w/ newcomers trying to help them. Staying busy. Keeping it simple. :lol:

Wishing everyone the best.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby RichC » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Chekin in meself.
No reason just checken in.

(Yes it is misspelled on purpose)
RichC

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Just checking in! All is well! Sane, sober, healthy, and happy -- all at the same time! Imagine that!!! It does work! :lol:

Working on my daily To-Do List. Got a bunch of stuff on it today so I'll only be bopping in and out here today to check in.

Best wishes to all of you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi folks,

I am getting some things done at my house before heading over to my Mom's for a few days to help her. My husband is on vacation for the week and he is doing errands today. He is asking a lot of questions and considering attending a meeting. He is not a drinker but has prescription addiction that acts somewhat the same as alcohol. I am thrilled but also not getting my hopes up. I need to remember that MY Sobriety is what I need to focus on.
I'm going to find a meeting and then go to visit the puppy that I will be bringing home Oct. 15 or 16. :)

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby november6 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:13 pm

wow, you have some big stuff goin on peacejoy! Thanks fr checken in, Rich:)

Toda, an hour ago, my first cousin welcomed his new baby, Sky, into the world, yay! I am waiting on a call from an Austin friend about an intervention on a gal there who is struggling.. I am not clear on if this gal WANTS the intervention yet or not.. hmm.. Its been a good day so far, I am getting all the updates from my Tampa bff about her plans to make a visit to us while we are in NY in Oct.. we sobered up together there (she is the one who first came to AA through an online AA site) and its been a few years since I've seen her so I am really excited! And Dallas, very cool - it sounds like you share some exp in the same bizz, which is comforting! You and the hubby are just on opposite sides of the camera:)

Gonna go look at the other forums now:)
november6

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery