- just women for a minute

just women for a minute

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Hi ladies - new here

Postby jesusgirl05 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi my name is Laura and I'm an alcoholic. I have been sober for 5 1/2 years but am new to this web site. A friend suggested using it for the 4th step worksheets. I'm really interested in learning more about how this all works.

God bless
Laura J
jesusgirl05

Postby Rain » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 am

Hi,

I guess the name Rain doesn't let you know my gender, but I am a lady and I'm an alcoholic. Glad to be here. :lol:
Rain

Postby PeaceJoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 am

I'm also a lady and glad to be here. I'm new to the site but so far I am really enjoying it and learning a lot. I like getting deep into the steps and back to basics.

I am 4 months sober.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby november6 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello! I am new here as well, and glad to see this ladies forum too! I am married with a beautiful 8month old baby gal, Marlo.. My husband travels a LOT for a living so I was instructed by my sponsor to join here while on the road.. We are in Los Angeles right now (been here 7weeks) for another 3 weeks and then will be in NYC early Oct for about 5 weeks before returning home again. It's been hard to stay involved in AA this way for me! The travelling was easier to do that with before Marlo also came along.. so.. I am glad to be here! And glad to read posts and see updates.. Welcome all!
november6

Postby chrissy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi ladies! I'm Chris and I'm an alcoholic. Sober 7.5 months. I told a little of my story in the "Introductions" thread, but will give you the gist of it here. I was sober 19+ years and relapsed in 2001. As you can see, by me having only 7.5 months of sobriety, it took 9 years to get back to the rooms of AA. Pride, shame, guilt. They are killers.

Please... no need to test the waters if you're sober. I tested them for you, and it doesn't get better, only worse. Much.

Hugs!

Chris
chrissy

Postby MagicHappened » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Congrats on the 7.5 months Chris! I just took my 9 month chip. I admire people who go "out" then come back in. In 1995 I was sober for 69 days...then I went out for 14 years! For you to have been sober for 19 then be back..speaks volumes to me about why I need to hang on tight to this 9 month chip and pray it is my last....
xoxoxoox
T
MagicHappened

Postby chrissy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:41 pm

:wink: :wink:
chrissy

Postby Pebbles » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am

Hi, I'm Melissa, and an alcoholic--very grateful to be "alive" today....I couldn't say that in November of 2007.....welcome to this site, it has lots of great information, and people!! :)
Pebbles

Hi I'm Mimi

Postby mimi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Hello, another lady here.
My name is "mimi" and I am an alcoholic. I recently learned what is meant by the phrase that while in recovery the men will "pat your a.s" but the women will "save your a.s". I have been blessed to have been so supported by women in recovery in my area. I have had to stop going to what was my home group for now because I allowed myself to become "thirteenth stepped" and there are alot of males in that group who refer to the group as "the meat market" ..I know I am supposed to put "principles above personalities" but for me ..I am doing whatever I have to do to put my sobriety first and I found that atmosphere threatening to my sobriety. I am lucky to have had women friends in AA who have been taking me to other meetings though.
Mimi
mimi

Postby sparklek » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Gina, My name is Krystal and I am an alcoholic grateful for this forum and any places that allows me to hear and share experience, strength and hope,
sparklek

Previous

Return to 12 Steps