- Tool kit

Tool kit

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Tool kit

Postby 918gma » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:37 am

Have you ever used a saw when it was rusted over because it hadn't been used or taken care of. Or a hammer that had a broken handle because you forgot to put it away when you used it last.

The tools of the program are the same way. They have to be used and taken care of to be of use when we need them
Higher Power
Rigorous honesty
Foot work
Working with others
Sponsors
Reading the book
Prayer
Meditation
Change

Each and every one of these tools are as important to our sobriety as the other. I'm sure there are some I have left out and not thought of, but the program is a package deal. You have to do it all to get it all.
God bless :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
918gma

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:22 am

About the only thing I'd add to that list is the 12 Steps :lol: And, specifically my daily adventures with Steps 10, 11 and 12! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

I knew I forgot some thing.

Postby 918gma » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:44 pm

LOL, it's only one of the most important tools in the kit.
918gma

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:46 am

ok'y... i got's a couple... "Openmindedness"... "Willingness"... and Kathy, ya right on the Change bit... but ya left something very, very important out..."Change or DIE"... love to you all, bless, and Until Then... xo PC
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:38 am

I'm surprized that no one added "Sobriety" to the list!!! :oops:

All those tools work great... and they work much better when we're using them SOBER!!!! :lol:

I used to love to read the stories in the back of the Big Book, while I was still drinking! :oops:

I had first gotten sober in AA, but didn't want to read the Big Book. I felt that I was much more highly developed intellectually than a bunch of drunks who wrote a book in 1939 :roll:

After I got drunk again and couldn't get sober... I would read the stories in the back of the book, while drinking, and thinking "well... I'm sure glad that they were able to get it and to stick around afterwards!"

When I finally did get an undeserved second chance at sobriety... alcohol had made me become willing to do what the people were doing, who got sober and got their stories in the book!

Thanks for letting me be here!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:49 am

hey Mr Big Book... nice to hear from ya... thanks for let'n us be here too... ohoh, one more thin... "We" are the stories in the back of the Big Book... bless... xo, PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:09 am

PC, I would love to open the 5th Edition of the BB, and find your story there!!! :lol: At least I can say "I read it first, here at Step12.com!" And, "Hey! I know that guy! He's the Zip! I've even talked to him on the phone before!"

I love you buddy! Keep coming back.

You're a tremendous contribution to my life and my incredibly wonderful adventures in sober living!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Many, Many, Many Thank's Dallas... I Love You.... ty for all your help, support and encouragement... and as you well know, there are times we can all use it... xo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:08 pm

The one I would add is patience. I wanted the promised fulfilled NOW. Today I understand that it took me 44 years to get here. I'm not going to be 'fixed' in a day. When I first joined AA I read the BB from back to front and over again and thought I had all the answers and waited for the test to prove it LOLOLOL :lol: It didn't take me long to figure out that's not how it works. I asked my HP to grant me patience so I could start living one day at a time.

BB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:54 pm

Hey Cricket nice to hear from ya!... hope all is AIS... ya,patience was something i lack'd lots of, specialy in the end... as i worked on that, i learned something about tollerance also... now understanding that i not the know it all about anything... other people have their views... and its through God i learned how to accept this... for me, i think patience was easier to get a grip on than tollenance... bottom line... do i want to be right or sob'a :wink: have to get ready for a meets...seez-ya's...lot 'o love... Zip'y :roll: :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Next

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity