- When Spouses Don't Support...

When Spouses Don't Support...

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

Postby Bensober » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks Keith,
Yes, a lot of what you said does and will work. I think it would be condescending, arrogant, and injurious to my wife to in any way go against the principles of our program and project it onto her. The energy of making sure "our house is in order to be able to transmit something we have" really is at play here. She overtly will not say to me she wants our simple program...and this might (for the risk of sounding weird or strange again) be a shocker but it appears that her very soul is coming to mine and saying..."SHARE"!!!!... "I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN"! What little I have shared with her and lot have practiced in all of my own affairs appears to had add value to her and our lives together.

"love" is often wanting more of what's best for our loved one -- than we want of what's best for us". The content you, others, and Dallas has offered up already has added value to her life...I have a directive from my Sponsor to "cause no harm" today...that includes anybody in my life. You, Dallas, and this "sisbrowebfellowship" has only added value to my life, love ones, and others in the fellowship and life I hang with. Opening the gates of heaven and shutting the door on hell I know today is in my choice of attitude and behavior. The humbling part of all this for me is in what you related Keith about what your mother said. Ain't that the truth...THE WORLD REALLY DOESN'T GET IT, OR CARE (in principle at least) IF WE ARE RECOVERING ALCOHOLICS" even though I bet their all glad we are a nota drinkin! Gods love comes to us through the leverage of his tools. Thanks Keith for being a part of his leverage.
Bensober

Postby lenny » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 pm

the healing time for those other people takes alot longer than it does for us alkies.i am 20 mos. in sobriety,and my wife still doesn't understand why i need to go to meetings.i do four meetings a week,and the rest of the time is spent trying to be with her,and listening to the voices in her head=)
lenny

Previous

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober