- Sooo glad to be here!!

Sooo glad to be here!!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Sooo glad to be here!!

Postby Beth70 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Well, my name is Beth and I'm so glad this site is here...After over 20 years of drinking I finally understand how alcoholism is a disease. After trying so hard for so long to drink like a non alcoholic I finally get it... I have a disease. I am not a bad person, I am not weak, and being an alcoholic isn't contagious or deadly (as long as I quit drinking). I've been in rehab twice. The first time I was 21 at a private rehab..it was like going to a resort...the second time I was 23 at a state funded detox...and it was no picnic. I swore I'd never go into rehab again...and I haven't. But I also didn't get that alcoholism is a disease. From 23 to now (I'm 40) I struggled to drink normally. Finally I got sick and tired... saw how my life had become unmanageable and decided to seek therapy. The therapist asked the general questions and after the intial interview he explained to me how I'm an 'adult child of an alcoholic' and I have the gene...all of a sudden it all clicked. So now I'm working to repair damage and definitely not create any more. I work off shore in the oil field and can't attend meetings as often as I'd like and am so glad to have found this site for backup...thanks to all for being here and for the support...beth P.s. I'm new to forums so please be patient... :wink: thx
Beth70

Postby Toddy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:45 pm

You will love this forum. I found it a few weeks ago, and have read every post I think since it started in 2005 or so. 33 days for me, but I am learning a lot here.

Toddy
Toddy

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Beth, welcome to the forum!!! Really great to have you here w/ us and grateful that we can be here for you, too! I hope you'll keep coming back! As I tell everyone... "Use your friends wisely!" consider us as your friends and use us up! We'll be glad that you did!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery