- Freedom

Freedom

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Freedom

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:16 am

The real me is like a child who never grew up. That child comes out when i'm having fun or playing. When i feel truly happy, when i'm involved in a project, playing music, creating, walking on the beach, talking deep with someone, or expressing my-self in some way. Theese are happy moments of my life whaen i dont care about the past, or worry about the future. The freedom i'm looking for, is freedom to be me. To express my-self. I cant live to please others. I have to please my-self. When i play judge, or victom, i cant be free.... Awareness is a step towards freedom. Get out of the emotional mess i can create. Awareness of the problem, will solve my problem. My mind is full of baggage from my past. With awareness, i can sat enough is enough. I can transform the baggage into gifts. Most of it was not even true. I created them, or it. I can change my life anytime by changing by changing my attitude: The Serenity Prayer... Get rid of the negative emotions that come from fear. Every time i face one of my fears, i'm a little more free. The way i see the world is based on my emotions for that moment. When i'm angry, everything is wrong. When i'm sad, everything is sad around me. Emotional baggage such as anger, hate, jealously, sadness, betrayal, all make me suffer, and i can react on them. When i can control my emotions, it gives me persional power to escape my fear based thoughts. Serenity comes in... When i'm a victom, i repress my emotions. When i'm free, i refrain my emotions. Refrain of my emotions is to hold back, and express them in the right moment, not before, or after. Therefore, control of my behaviour. Gods will, my imagination, and my positive emotions will lead me to serenity. I can see the world in a differant way now. I'm living a new life, and a new dream. I'm free, to be me!... i now walk in the world with my heart opened. Not to be afraid to be hurt. I can take risks, and explore life. Love, and TPTB, or God, can bring me all of these things... Gifts, only when i let them in! .... thanks for letting me share a bit... xo RZ :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Well spoken

Postby 918gma » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:26 am

It's it funny what you express is called by Normie's maturity, and it is when we are happiest. I often still react instead of thoughtfully acting. Thanks for sharing, it's helped me see where I need more action. We do have choices and should make the most of those choices.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:34 am

Hey Rusty,

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been wondering when you’d get over your case of the clams and crawl out of that shell!

Rusty Zipper wrote:Awareness of the problem, will solve my problem.

I used to say that... and mean it, and believe it. And, maybe it’s true just as it is.

At some time, I changed my mind about it. For me, awareness of the problem is half of the solution. It's necessary for me to have that half of the solution, before I can discover the other half of the solution, which is the actions I need to take to over come the problem.

It’s kind of like the 12 Step approach. The first half of Step 1, is becoming aware of the problem. The solution, then, becomes all the 12 Steps. It’s totally amazing to me, how well the 12 Steps work on any problem that I feed into them!

Thanks for letting me share!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:45 am

I not gunna teaze ya this time Dallas... the BB has helped me greatly... if ya look at my post again, please do... i do talk of God, and its only with the guidance, faith, trust and belief. have i been able to have this for today... i always seam to get myself in trouble wit ya with that word Power.... try not to use it again... i use another word.... i got it, how about guidance... Hmmm, wada ya think Mr BB??? lol... love ya too Bro ps, i ok, no worries... Clams on Da Half Shell... ha!
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:02 am

The Zip wrote:i do talk of God, and its only with the guidance, faith, trust and belief

Heck PC!!! I know that! You probably talk of God, with the guidance, faith, trust and belief... and hope (you didn't mention that one!) more than any person I know! You're plugged in. It shows. I admire it and I appreciate watching you, reading you, hearing you and learning from you.

I was talking about "me" :lol: And, I wasn't comparing! Sorry if it seemed that way.... When it comes to communicating, I seem to talk with both feet in my mouth!

Oh! Here's one for "you" Switch to Oysters! They break out of the shell!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 pm

I'm free, to be me!...

I'm still trying to figure out who that is but I do know I'm not the person I was a year ago.

i now walk in the world with my heart opened. Not to be afraid to be hurt. I can take risks, and explore life.

I'm still not quite there. It's not so much that I have negative thinking but I always look at things and the worst possible outcome so I won't be surprised. I'll somehow be prepared. I'd hate to be caught off guard. Sometimes I think that if I open my heart it leaves me very vunerable to be hurt. I always wonder if there will come a day that I won't be afraid of being happy without worrying that someone will take that away from me.

Geez, did you see what I just wrote !!!!! psch. 101.....people don't make you feel a certain way, you allow it to happen. So all I have to do is not 'allow' anyone to rain on my parade....right? Now how do you do that again......change your perception of things. Definately something I still have to work on.

Thanks for the great posts.

BB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:42 am

my sponser always tells me that our natural instincts for sex, society and security are ok... its when they our threth'd... the fears pop in... we as alky's tend to take everything to the extreem... thats where steps 6 and 7... the forgotten steps have helpd me... freedom from fear, thats a big thing that i strive for... and i try to very , very carefull of expections... being vunerable is a wonderfull thing to open up ones self... it gives me another key for the door of willingness to my contact with God.... good wishes Cricket... nighters... xo Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity