- Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello everyone!

Postby Chris_O » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm Chris, I'm an alcoholic and happy to be here! Just found this site last week while looking for the 4th step worksheets a friend had told me about.
Chris_O

Postby Dallas » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:39 am

Welcome to the site Chris. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

New to this site

Postby BeenThere » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Sam(f), I'm an alcoholic. I found this site when I was looking for a nursing home for my aunt! LOL* Go figure! Anyway, I am not new to AA, have a few 24hrs and have dedicated my life to supporting, learning, and living this way of life. I got to AA thru an intervention on my job, and needless to say I carried a resentment for quite a while. But it was just what I needed, God saw to it, and because of this program of recovery I have a descent life free of the shame and blame game. I have found that today I live with the past not in it! I heard a lady say in a meeting that acceptance was knowing that I couldn't change my past and I am okay with that.

In 1996 my youngest son(26) committed suicide. His struggle with alcohol was too much for him to bear, and instead of getting the message he became the message. I did everything I could to help him, he was in and out of AA for 3 years but he never got 30 days of continuous sobriety.
If anyone is interested, I have a web site built on Joey's story and will share the link privately. I haven't learned all the rules here, so didn't want to post a link as it may be a violation.

Because of the steps, my daily conscious contact with my HP, meetings, sponsor/sponsorship, and turning my life over to God I am able to accept and share ES&H and I look forward to learning alot here. I have read many entries on many topics here and y'all are just like me!! LOL*

I look forward to meeting and reading many of you.
BeenThere

Postby Dallas » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Welcome to the forum Sam! Great to have you here sharing your ES&H! I appreciate you and look forward to get to know you here and to read more of your sharing!

Thanks for not posting the link -- Yep. One of the guidelines here in the forum, that links must be approved prior to posting -- or, the Moderators simply consider the link as a spam link -- regardless if it's a good site or not. If you'd like to send me a Private Message with the link -- I'd like to check out your site!

Best wishes,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery