- Canadian Newcomer!

Canadian Newcomer!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Canadian Newcomer!

Postby CanadianGurl76 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 am

Hello all
Newcomer here...found this site while randomly surfing the net for AA sites. I am 5 weeks sober as of yesterday and feel great (somewhat)
but the last week have found myself already getting complacent with my meetings. I know I need to get more involved and find a sponsor and home group here in my city, just feeling a little overwhelmed by all those ugly demons I was letting live rent free in my head!!!
they're starting to get restless and closing myself off is what I do best...

I figured at least finding a forum online would be some kind of outlet for me while I find the energy to get back out there.

Thanks all..I've already perused the site and have read some very interesting things that struck me

:)
CanadianGurl76

Postby Pebbles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Welcome Canadiangurl....we all have felt just the same as you. I'm glad to see that you are thinking of taking the right steps to stay sober....going to meetings, getting a sponsor, etc. I know from my experience, that the more I'm involved in AA, the more I want to be involved. There's hardly a day anymore where I say or think that I don't feel like going to a meeting. I try to remember that if I trust God, clean house, and work with others, I will not fail..... :)
Pebbles

Postby Dallas » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Welcome to the site 76! Keep coming back! And, thanks for sharing!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery