- My proof that AA works?

My proof that AA works?

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

My proof that AA works?

Postby Dallas » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 am

My proof that AA works?
My only proof that AA works is: Thanks to a Loving God, Sponsors, AA, many people inside and outside the Fellowship -- I enjoy the Good Life in Sobriety today. Sober, sane, happy, healthy, joyous and free. I was able to recreate and rebuild my life better than I ever imagined -- and the date of my last drink was Nov. 14th., 1986. And, I know a few thousand others -- that it has worked for them, too.

Will it work for you? I don't know. I believe that it will work for you.

In the beginning for me -- I didn't believe that it would work for me. I failed on my first go-around. It wasn't AA that failed. I failed to do what was necessary. But, I tried again. And, I kept trying -- and today, I still continue trying -- to do it the best that I can do it.

It hasn't been easy -- but it sure has been easier than it would have been for me -- had I not sought help and didn't keep trying.

If I can be of help to you -- please let me know.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toddy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 am

Thanks Dallas.
Toddy

Postby GeoffS » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:15 pm

sometimes for me AA is the only thing that works in my life - because its getting me closer to HP. Thats ok, because if that works its one more thing than worked when I was out there.

The beauty of this thing is that AA keeps me sober and sane enough to get through the awful times until I can get trudging again myself. So glad that not everyone in the group is ma at the same time!
GeoffS

Still Sober

Postby DawgoneAl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 am

I enjoy the Good Life in Sobriety , My last drink was JULY 25 1999 12 YRS Ago one day at a time.
DawgoneAl

Postby Dallas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 am

Happy Birthday!
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober