- new guy on the blog

new guy on the blog

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

new guy on the blog

Postby snpk69 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm

My name is Scott and I am an alcoholic and a drug addict. I'm nearly 34 years old and I've been high for the last 17 years of my life. This is my first attempt at sobriety. My sobriety date is 1/3/06. That's 44 days ago.

I have been happier than ever in my life since I quit using. I quit all drugs, alcohol, even cigarettes; and I feel great.

I haven't had any cravings at all. Many of the AA people I know tell me that I'm floating on a pink cloud. I interpret this as saying that I'm going to fail at some point. I am very scared about that thought. I can't see it coming if it does.

Anyway, this is a nice forum. It's designed nicely and easy to use.
Great Place!
- Scott K.
snpk69

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 am

hi-ya Scott... welcome to the site... a real bunch we got here....always look'n out for all... hey Scott you might of herd the word Destiny?... lol... well Scot... aint ya the lucky one! i herd the word "Pink Cloud"... lol... well our new friend... i been on the PC for come'n three years next month... there's plenty of room on the cloud for anyone that like to climb aboard... Scott! the feelings your having now of happiness are ok... the body get'n the chitz out of your system... many say the feeling go's away after a period of time... well Scot, there is a requirement to stay on the cloud... "Work" get a home group, grab a Big Book, snag a GOOD sponser, be a part of!... service... work the principals of the program... remember we not useing, but when da chitz hits the fan... witch way are we going to turn? a Mature restored to sanity aproach, or the drink, drug, or both... i was at speaking on a outgoing a while ago, talk'n about the PC... say'n i sti on it... a old timer come up to me and say Patrick. i been on that cloud for 18 years... woe i say, let me at this guy... i ask, how'd ya do it. he say a belief in somthing other than me. and One Day at a Time... he winked, and we both laugh'd... so good wishes to ya Scott... keep come'n... do the footwork, be openminded, surender to the disease, admit powerless... and a few more... thats enough to hit ya with right now :wink: xo, and bless... Rusty... aka. PC, and Scot, that aint no indian name :roll:
Rusty Zipper

Postby ATL-Male » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 am

Hi Scott,

Welcome, and keep coming back! I heard the same thing about the pink cloud and quite often it does appear right after someone finds sobriety for the first time, or second, or third...etc. I found what I heard to be true, for me. It does pass. However in retrospect. I think it would be more apt to say that feelings come and go. Both good AND bad feelings. The key is in how we handle those good and bad feelings and that they always pass. [even craving feelings] Currently you are handling happiness with Sobriety. If/When something unpleasant happens handle that with sobriety also.

I certainly know that I used to use whether there was good times or bad times. If something good happened it was, "Oh lets celebrate!!!". If something bad happened, it was, "If this happened to you you'd use/drink too!" So now in recovery we can still handle good and bad times soberly!

Remember to get a sponsor and work the steps though. Be completely honest and thorough with them. Don't cheat yourself.
ATL-Male

Postby Dallas » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:33 am

Scott,

Welcome to the site. Glad you are here. I wish the best for you.

When I first came to AA, and mentioned how happy I had gotten... some of the negative thinkers seemed like they were trying to pull me off that pink cloud. Almost like they were laughing at me.

Many of the one's that weren't happy and continued in their negative thinking... went back to drinking. I kept doing what I had to do to stay sober and the result was that I stayed sober and happy. How long will it last? I don't know. For me, the "pink cloud" has lasted on and off for the last 19 years. (Mostly on). And, the times I was off the pc, it was a result of what I was doing... not what the 12 Steps were doing.

I personally believe that the pink cloud has a lot to do with gratitude. Gratitude. Getting my house clean. Keeping my house clean. Trusting that Power Greater than myself. And, helping others. When I do that I feel useful and it feels like I have a Purpose in Life Greater than myself!

When I keep my attitude full of gratitude, I'm a pretty happy camper. I was one of the hopeless last-gaspers... so, as long as I don't forget that, I sure have a lot to be grateful for!

It works. It really does.

We get back what we give. It's a real simple deal. Not always easy. But, always simple.

Welcome, and keep coming back! I like hanging with the pink cloud bunch!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby snpk69 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:28 pm

Dallas wrote:When I first came to AA, and mentioned how happy I had gotten... some of the negative thinkers seemed like they were trying to pull me off that pink cloud. Almost like they were laughing at me.

Dallas,

Your thinking and mine are/were exactly the same on this particular point [above]. Each of the people who mentioned the fact they thought I was on a pink cloud have disappeared now. I don't know if they've returned to using. But I do know that they're not coming back to meetings and I'm still there every day. My first thought when they said I was on the pink cloud was that they were just negative ill-wishers (aka. haters).

And just so you all know...

I have a home group and a sponsor. I am doing 90 meetings in 90 days. Total immersion! I am working the steps with my sponsor.
Surrender = Serenity (for me). I'm working on step 4 right now (but continuing to live all steps which I will do for the rest of my life). I don't want to move too fast with the steps. I'm letting my sponsor and God guide me through. After all you work 'em for your whole life, right?

I take this program very seriously. But I do keep a good sense of humor always.

- Scott

PS - Thank you [all] for the warm welcome!!!!!!! :D
snpk69

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:20 am

Hey Scott,

Keep up those right actions!!! You're on the right track!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tina L. » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:42 am

welcome scott. xoxoxo tina.
Tina L.

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery