- Newcomer?

Newcomer?

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Newcomer?

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 am

Good morning, all: This is PhoenixRising coming at ya from the great Midwest. I am an alcoholic, sober since 2009. Have all the war stories and came to recovery via extreme physical (and mental) health problems with my pancreas. I cannot go through all of that pain again, nor can I put family through that. I'm in relapse prevention mode right now. That's why I'm here.... :!:
PhoenixRising

Postby Dallas » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Welcome to the site.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PhoenixRising » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 am

Thank you, Dallas. I'm just reading lots of posts to see who is here. Lots of nice folks! :)
PhoenixRising

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 am

Relapse prevention mode...........I like that! It's kind of where I'm at too. Glad to meet you PhoenixRising.
PeaceJoy

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:16 am

Hello, PeaceJoy! It's New Year's Day, 1/1/11....Happy New Year, all! I was sleeping as the new year rang in! Probably be lots of people today who will try to swear off drinking -- so -- good luck to everyone as they pursue happiness in 2011.
PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 am

Hi, again, PeaceJoy...Love your "handle"!! When I say I am in "relapse prevention mode", I mean that I am very aware of my triggers and my efforts to avoid them....my triggers are mostly places, like bars, liquor stores, and restaurants where for so many years I spent so much of my time, energy, and money, and lost my soul (along with my job, health, education, benefits and self respect)...so far, so good. I avoid people and places like the proverbial plague. Good and bad, ya know? What do you do to avoid triggers? I like to use the HALT method -- Am I hungry, angry, lonely, or tired? I sleep, watch tv, try to read, spend lots of time online....trying to live life after alcohol is exhausting at times.
PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:26 am

Hi, again, PeaceJoy...Love your "handle"!! When I say I am "relapse prevention mode", I mean that I am very aware of my triggers and my efforts to avoid them....my triggers are mostly places, like bars, liquor stores, and restaurants where for so many years I spent so much of my time, energy, and money, and lost my soul (along with my job, health, education, benefits and self respect)...so far, so good. I avoid people and places like the proverbial plague. Good and bad, ya know? What do you do to avoid triggers? I like to use the HALT method -- Am I hungry, angry, lonely, or tired? I sleep, watch tv, try to read, spend lots of time online....trying to live life after alcohol is exhausting at times.
PhoenixRising

Postby Hionlife » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 am

Mornin everybody!!! :D Happy New Year!!! :lol: :lol: just checkin in. I made it through another one of the biggest drinking holidays, for that I am grateful!! :lol: And even more grateful for the fact that I didn't get a call from the jail or the hospital to come and get a "fallen" friend! Life is really good today, and tomorrow will be too...if... :roll: .I keep doing what got me to this Happy, joyous and free life!!!
PhoenixRising I have to use the HALT method too. We get busy with our day jobs and life on life's terms and HALT reminds me to keep watch and take care of my serenity.
Have another great sober day, and help somebody else if you can! :wink:
A round of Hugs for the House!
Hionlife

Postby PhoenixRising » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 am

Good morning, Hionlife, PeaceJoy, and Dallas: Yes, Hionlife, congratulations to you and everyone else who made it through the Holidays without picking up. New Year's isn't a big deal for me, but Christmas Eve always seems so hard for me. Interestingly, my family are teetotalers or recovered, so I don't know what the big deal is for me, but I guess it's because I always used to get pretty smashed before gathering with the others. Always thinking, of course, that I wasn't really THAT drunk, right? Riiiiiight...ha! Regardless, was a peaceful Holiday season this year. And I thank God for that. And I know others thank their HP, too. Best wishes. (PeaceJoy? You there? Howdy! Dallas? I know you're out there, too, as I see you all over in your position as Moderator -- and I've enjoyed reading your stories and wisdom.)
PhoenixRising

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 am

Good morning to you, too Phoenix! Thanks for making it through the Holidays! We need you! :wink:

As I was reading your message I thought: My biggest trigger was me! :lol: I had to get rid of me and stay away from me -- so that I could stay sober! I'm grateful that I can now hang out w/ me! I try not to do it too often alone -- but, I'm getting better at it, as me continually changes.

Keep coming back! I need each one of you. Without you -- I'd be stuck w/ me, alone again. So, you are my "prevention mode!"

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery