- Introduction

Introduction

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Introduction

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 am

My name is John S. and I go by the membership name wareagle10. I have been sober for 22+ years. I live in Costa Mesa, California. I just joined this board and thought that it might be a good idea if I introduced myself. I will try to, from time to time, to give my experience, strength and hope on how I have been able to stay sober. I can tell you that I am not the average type recovering alcoholic. I am hard headed, stubborn, resistant, anti-authority and, basically, socially unacceptable. I will explain my sobriety in later posts and hope that I don't offend anyone, but please remember this is HOW I GOT SOBER. I don't parrot or chant, just share honestly.
wareagle10

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:39 am

a warm howd'y John... welcome to Step-12...hey, dont think ya got the Monopoly on hard headed, stuborn, resistant, anti-authority, and socialy unacceptable... i tell ya a quick story... one day my sponser said to me, and he was mad as all hell... he say Patrick... your being defiant... i look at him in amazement and say. what the hell do you expect, I'm Patrick, and i'm a Alcoholic... we both were on the floor laugh'n... glad ya here John... please let that ESH... shine... good wishes to ya John, and bless...xo PC
Rusty Zipper

Thanks

Postby wareagle10 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 am

I appreciate the welcome and the story. Hope to relate a few of mine in the near future. Take care and straight ahead.
wareagle10

Postby JR » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:30 am

Eagle,

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading your posts.

Jr
JR

Re: Introduction

Postby snpk69 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 pm

wareagle10 wrote:I am hard headed, stubborn, resistant, anti-authority and, basically, socially unacceptable.

John S.,

It seems that you are in like company man. Many alcoholics that I know have all of these 'defects of character'. I know I do. You've just described me (and many others like us) to a Tee!

- Scott
snpk69

Postby Tina L. » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:40 am

welcome john. xoxoxo tina.
Tina L.

Introduction

Postby wareagle10 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:34 am

Thank you Tina and the same to you. I see that you have got the hang of posting. That's good and I hope to be able to post back and forth with you. This is a good board and lots of fun. Good sobriety and a diverse, cross section of how to get and stay sober (did I say that).
Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery