- Step 4 - Wasn't it because self-reliance failed us?

Step 4 - Wasn't it because self-reliance failed us?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

To Dallas and Geoff S

Postby seabiscuit » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:49 pm

I can't find my last posts ... but thank you thank you thank you...
i did the 4th step in september (she had me refer to your posts while she was out of the country).... i freaked...you responded...she returned..i completed and did the 5th step...

since then it has been a period of pausing when i want to say something "curt"..."biting my tongue".... "asking for help to see this situation a different way".... "asking for help in being of service which can mean helping and participating at work with the people i resented"...." showing up with the intention of connecting and being part of (page 86, 87"... and my thought life has been placed on a different plan....

emotional sobriety - takes action ... to be what i am looking for... offer kindness, offer respect....

today i had 10 years and my message was the letter you posted about emotional sobriety - bills letter in 1958.....
seabiscuit

Postby Toddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 am

10 yrs awesome
Toddy

Postby Toast » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:02 am

Ha Ha! Well done seabiscuit!

I see we share the same birthday, today thanks to a bunch of strangers i'd never met i'm 17 years longer on the planet than i would have been under my own steam. I'll never forget it was my best thinking that got me into AA in the first place :lol:

Have a great 2011!
Last edited by Toast on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toast

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm

seabiscuit -- to find messages you've previously posted, without using the "search" feature -- before you log in, click on the link for your profile (or on any message you posted) Once you click on profile, it will give you a total of the messages posted -- and if you click that, it will bring up a page listing all your messages posted to the forum. I hope that helps! There may be an easier way to do it -- that's just one that I use. :wink:

Congrats on your 10 years!

Thanks for sharing & keep coming back! And, don't stay away so long.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby seabiscuit » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 pm

thanks dallas.....

just left my home group.... and got another chip....

i am feeling alot of fear around my job
4th step was about having someone "take over my position"
6th step - really was - oops is' - conscious choice.

so here's the stinkin thinkin - i don't have any emails, now being told about 'tasks to do" (getting rid of the pride and shadow with that was all over step 4) now it is about fear.... tonight..going to meditate with the intention of seeing this a different way... thanks for the meeting after the meeting....

seabiscuit in phoenix
seabiscuit

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I guess I need to search for your other message to better understand what you're walking through -- unless you'd like to provide a few more details here.

I understand fear & the need for me to bite my tongue -- but not sure if it's the same as in your situation.

Fear, itself, it not a bad thing. There are many good uses for it. It brings our attention to things in our body or in our lives that need attention. When fear turns into a bad thing -- it's because we're stuck in it and living w/ it rather than using it for our Highest good -- then, having it removed.

I've had situations in my past where I had the fear removed too soon! I didn't get the message behind the fear -- then, had it removed, and ended up re-creating a similar problem that I had already solved in the past.

If there is a chance that I can be helpful, or if you want me to try to be helpful at this time -- let me know what's going on and I'll see if I can offer anything that might be helpful.

Wishing the best for you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Steps