- Krystal Alcoholic

Krystal Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Krystal Alcoholic

Postby sparklek » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi, I am new here and VERY grateful this is here. I came to AA desperate and alone and have found a way of life that though challenging, for an obsessive over thinker like myself, has given me so many gifts already. The best thing AA has given me is that I am no longer alone. Even when moving abroad, I was able to connect to an AA that has been a true friend. I share and heads nodd. I am no longer unique. I love that. Today I am working one day at a time to keep this precious gift of sobriety through contacting my sponsor(s) frequently, reading and praying daily, and reaching out. I am grateful for this program. :D
sparklek

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Welcome Krystal! I'm glad you posted. Especially with you living abroad and out of your 'home territory' this group might be helpful. Egypt sound very exotic and exciting. :)

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 am

Welcome to the site Krystal! Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm

nice to meet ya WELCOME !!!! I`m grateful for you being here KCB!!!!
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Where oh where -- is our little Krystal? And, how is she doing? :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sparklek » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 am

Here is little Krystal. That's funny. One of my best friends calls me that. We laugh about that alot. She just turned 20 years sober and to her, I am little in more than one way.

I have been sleep for about 15 hours. It is my weekend here and today is a self care day. I am taking it easy on myself and just doing what needs to be done. Grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.

Work was a tough pull this week with just being physically exhausted. I am looking forward to doing some writing and planning this weekend as well as hitting a meeting tomorrow night.

I am feeling well overall and just trying to stick to what I need to do. My boyfriend, back in LA, is getting worried as things are starting to happen here based on a bombing that happened on the 1st. There has been more incidients and things do not seem to be simply blowing over.

I talked to my sponsor last night and we discussed the importance of not taking on other people's fear. As she put, "I have enough of my own." And we both laughed. As she knows me and my fears intimately.

So, one foot in front of the other, staying focused and prayful. I appreciate this forum as a place I can talk freely of what I suffer from--alcoholism. Thanks for all the warm welcomes and questions. It lets me know I am in the right place. I will KCB.
sparklek

Postby PeaceJoy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 am

Glad you're hanging in there Krystal. I'm sure that being abroad presents its own challenges and I'm glad you have AA to help guide you.
I hear what you mean about taking on other people's fears or 'don't borrow trouble'. We do have enough of our own, don't we? :lol: Keep on trudging.

PeaceJoy
PeaceJoy

Postby sunlight » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Just want to tell you what an inspiration you are to all of us here. :D

Stay safe.
sunlight

Postby sparklek » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Went to an awesome speakers meeting last night and I was so anxious and restless before I came that I was literally snapping at a loved one on skype before I left. It still amazes me how a meeting has the power to just calm and settle me down! Worked when I was new and still does.

I was able to get home to a loved one laughing as I made a very serious amends. I am grateful he understands how this thing works for me sometimes.

I reflect on how perfect I have wanted to be in soberiety and even I can laugh at that now. I am just grateful I do not have to drink and I get the chance to change. Each experience brings me closer to something even if it is just willingness....which has been going a long way thus far.

Glad to have this forum, meeting and ESPECIALLY a Higher Power!
sparklek

Postby Toddy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 am

Great meetings must have been the order of the day yesterday. I too had a perfectly timed great meeting.

Toddy
Toddy

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery