- Hello my name is wounded and I am an alcoholic

Hello my name is wounded and I am an alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Toddy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 am

i found that most of the dirtiest darkest secrets were not owned by me, neqrly everyone in aa has theyre version of the same. Somehow makes it less painful, and certainly easier to talk about.
Toddy
Toddy

Re: Thanks for replying

Postby merckx » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 am

WoundedButterfly wrote:I'm not even remotely aware of the way I feel... and then I start to realize I do not WANT to be aware of what I feel.

One of my buddies in the program told me this after we lost our son, "The great thing about being sober is you get your feelings back. The bad thing about being sober is you get your feelings back."

Keep on feeling what you feel and allowing your Higher Power to bring healing. One of my favorite verses in the bible is Psalms 126.

"When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy."

(The captives in this verse are the Israelites and they were most likely returning from Babylonian captivity)

I've felt a lot of feelings since I've been sober that I would have tried to escape from when I was drinking and drugging. I've also felt joy, peace, and a sense of contentness that I never knew was imaginable. What I find most amazing is that in some of my "worst times" since becoming sober, the God of my understanding has poured out joy, peace, comfort, and strength upon me.

I'll take my feelings, the longer I am sober the better they seem to get.
merckx

Postby Toast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Merckx

After what youv'e been through i'm truely inspired from reading your couragous shares on this forum.

Makes all my petty troubles fade into insignifigence.

God bless.
Toast

Postby sparklek » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi Wounded. How is going for you these days?
sparklek

Postby WoundedButterfly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 am

Hello :D Thanks for asking. I am making progress. Some moments are just plain terrible.... but it is true- they pass. Some moments are pure bliss! Sadly, they pass too. (lol)
But thanks to my higher power I have my hope and faith back. I am willing to do this 100%. I am looking online for area alanon meetings and my son (17) wants to stop drinking so we are going to find some alateen meetings. Higher power willing my next post will be about how those meetings went. Still need a sponsor (but vehicle has been broken) gets fixed friday. Will not procrastinate and find one asap.
Hope all is well with you. Have a nice day.
WoundedButterfly

Postby sparklek » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 am

Yes. Moments pass. I am grateful for this on days like today. I am TIRED. Have not wanted to deal with feelings of homesickness. So I did what I do, I run hard. Work more, go out, run, run run. And then I look around and realize what I am doing and why. This has been a pattern through out my sobriety. At least to day I am aware and this time I was able to HALT.

That is wonderful about your son! The program of Al-Anon has been very helpful especially in my new sobriety. My mother went back out after 12 years dry when I had 9 months. I needed to learn how to detach with love. The 12 steps are changing my life in both programs. The fellowship in each supports me.

I am grateful I made it to AA. I am also glad I have some awareness today and the courage to take some contrary action :)

Keep coming Wounded :)
sparklek

Postby sunlight » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 am

Glad to hear you are both doing well. :D

Al-Anon saved my sanity with my son and ex.
I keep close to a hard core, black belt Al-Anon. :wink:

It's a beautiful winter day here in the mile high city - snow on the ground, sun beaming in the sky and gratitude bursting from my heart.

Gonna see how many people I can get to smile back at me today! :mrgreen:

Keep it simple and gentle......
sunlight

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery