- Expect the UnExpected...

Expect the UnExpected...

Expect the unexpected... or discovered the unsuspected?

Expect the UnExpected...

Postby Spiritman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:01 am

Me, personally, I never expect the unexpected. I simply expect life to be as it is. I focus on the here and now, not yesterday or tomorow. Yet I am prepaired to deal with things that I have trouble accepting, understanding and living with. I expect and accept that not everything will be comfortable for me to handle, therefore I am prepared to maintain my recovery during a turmoilish experience.
Maybe I am just playing with words, but I have built a path to follow when I am in a new neighborhood.
Peace, Serenity and Recovery,
The Spiritman
Spiritman

Expect the Unexpected

Postby Rusty Zipper » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:22 am

hi everyone, this forum is about real life. the stuff that we experiance outside of the rooms; not the run of the mill i got stuck in traffic kind of things. the line at the food store was too long, or the gardener didn't show up. but the real big drop the bomb events. maybe the things that used to baffle us! ... last week i posted about a happening. ### can find it under meeting topics, Expect the #### what i felt, how i handled it, and how i put the principles of the program into use. ... anyone that would like to share on there Unexpected Happenings, or chain of events. please feel free to do so. ... so always, "Expect the Unexpected" and may God guide you, and keep you.... until then xo, Rusty :wink: ps spiritman, ya have the right attitude
Rusty Zipper

expect the unexpected

Postby JR » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:14 am

Hey PC I think I already told you this story, but I'm not sure I shared it on the forum. I think it was around Labor Day weekend I had to go on a camping trip with my husbands family and I was still pretty shaky. They are all normal drinkers and on a camping trip drinking beer is part of the social life. We were out in the middle of nowhere and this guy (found out he was a friend of my brother-in-law) just shows up and he had a T-shirt on that said something about a sober baseball team. I started talking to him and found out he had been sober for 9 months. So, we had a sort of impromptu meeting out there in the wilderness; 2 alcoholics talking about sobriety. I certainly did not expect to see another recovering alcoholic while I was on that trip and it sure did give me some much needed fellowship. I don't believe in coincidences and know that TPTB gives us what we need when we need it if we are open to it.

Easy Does It,

JR
JR

do not run

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:41 am

JR, as always. nice to hear from you. and you told me the story. ty, but great to have you share it with others. hey, how bout that. BB "Working with others": so our rule is not to avoid a place where there is drinking. " if we have a legitimate reason for being there" that includes bars, nightclubs, dances, receptions, weddings, even plain ordininary whoopie partys. ### that slays #### point? motives!. we can not , and should not run from alcohol. its everywhere in ad's, on TV, mags, billboards ect. its a part of life. a part of life we can deal with thru the program. there is a lot of mention about this in the BB, and the 12 & 12. so we do not run, nor hide. we get strenght from TPTB. if not, its nerved up time, angry, even resentfull. we know where that could lead? pppfff! "to a Drink" ty JR. KCB, and bless. xoxo, PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

whoopie party

Postby JR » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:56 am

Hey PC, have you figured out what a whoopie party is?? Please tell if you know.

JR
JR

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:15 am

unknown fears, plans ABC, powerless, turn it over, let go , let God! ect. ... the day yesterday was prob. the most spiritualy enlightening one yet in recovery. i'll try to keep it simple. :?: nah!... go to get recovery buddies kid for school. ask him if we can leave sooner cuz can get a ride from neighbor to go pick up other car of mine. 7:30am i spozed ta meet. he say, i already showered at 6:30am. great, he just has to get dressed. sitting downstairs, think'n its now 7:20, i not gunna make it. thats ok. thinking about its not all about me. i find another way to get my car. ok, so i turned that one over, and found a plan B ### i called the #### ok. i go upstairs, and the kid back in bed! wadup? he say, he no feel good, and tried to tell me. ### #### ok, now i mad, back to being about me. get up, go over, wait, stew, have resentment. i say thanks, and hope ya have a great day. with a lot of attitude. go downstairs, and the older brother say, what, ya cant get the kid mov'n. "Snap" i say, F-u all, and storm out the door. later i called to say sorry. ok , now back home. slipper here, we gunna go get other car. he see;s a puddle of anti-freeze under car. check he say's. i say, they just flushed out the radiator, and must be the overflow. he say check, you no want ta get stuck. ah, no sweats i say. on the way back to get the older brother. ### gunna work with me #### i see steam coming out from under da hood. ut!-oh!, then the car stalls. open hood, ... a mess! i call the garage, and say what gives. they know i'm in recovery. i say i'm a little nerved up, and "HELP" she say sit tight, the wrecker on the way. now its cold, i got'a pee, i start the serenity prayer, go into plan B, the unknow fears are creeping in, but i think of powerless, and let this one go too. find out the problem, was something we halfass fixed, a year ago that let loose. my part? didnt want to spend the $$$ at the time,### financial insecurities #### now paying the price. car at garaage, mind you my van was just there, the car once, and now back! yikes! 3 times, one week. get ride home, grab warmer coat, and what i thought was nessasary to go paint my x sponsers house, have about one more day left. but the weather not being nice here. "powerless again" ok, in plan c, by now, its get'n late the sun go'n in, not feel'n it, and want to crawl in hole at this point. grab the older kid, on way, just about there. "Ass, i say" i left the paint brushes home :roll: the kid starts ta laugh, he say, Patrick, some days its not meant to get ouda bed. we have a good laugh. toss in the towel. take him home. stil tur'n everything over at this point. remember the saying, be good to yourself. i decide to go get'a haircut. go , and the lady say, ya got'a wait a hour, or comeback. rrrrr, arg, and the big Phoey. ok, i go, and come back. just about fall sleeps in chair. go back home, and start get'n ant'sy. i want control over my day, and couldnt seem to get it, i wanted power.### not #### decided to try to make a appointment for the next day today. then it hit me. dont, take what is being delt you, its just one of those one day at a time days that is not going myway at all. turn it all over, restart the day. get your serenity back, and move on. i got under the kiver's, put on some L'a Musica, and chilled. be'n good to myself. ok, a prog. guy struggling, called, we talked, asked if i go'n meets tanight. said was gunna hang. but if ya cant find another ride. i get ya, and we go. ok, he found a ride. nice. was about 6'o-clock, i started a fire, put on some good music, was going to make a nice dinner. yep, be'n good to me self. then the phone rang. program person, can you lead the meets tanight? pppfff, was taught to never say no. so i say, if ya pick me up, no prob. my reason, dont like to drive the tired old van at night. the windows scratched real bad, and i dont see all that well at night. ### wouldn't have stoped me when using #### she say i come get ya.... we there, beginners meets, what step we on? you guesed it!!! "Step - One " POWERLESS lol, rotfl, lmassoff :lol: le'me'tell'ya, did i have some stuff ta say about that :roll: . so it was a day of Expecting the Unexpected. put all the steps inta use. steps 1, 3, and 12 shined. tremdous spiritual growth, by being sober, and aware. well that was my day. sorry to bore ya's, but thats what this forum is about. things that happen, how we deal with them, and how the program helps to keep us away from a drink. thanks for letting me share. and good wishes to you all. xxxooo PC :wink: .................. ps JR, a whoopie party is one for no reason, to get get drunk, and high, get stupid, listen to lousy, music, eat crap, play dope'y games, and have unprotected wild sex :roll:
Rusty Zipper

Thanks

Postby Spiritman » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:09 am

Enjoyed your message.
Thanks for sharing, I smiled, groaned, laughed and knew you were experiencing the Steps first hand.
Peace,
Spiritman
Spiritman

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:41 am

Thanks for sharing PC! I thought I was so unique that I was the only one who has days like you have!!! You got it right. It's all about what we do today. Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery... all we got is the now. Thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope, along with how you worked it and it worked you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:42 am

eve'n all, how do? funny thin. went to Anny night at homegroup. 12 cele's this month. woe! Nov. busy month! huh? just, sit'n around yap'n with a few. Anny Cake person slice'n up da cake. Mmm, a nice Festive Fall look'y one, Chocolate ta boot! norm we get a sheetcake ### bigger lol! #### well, this a reg round one. the Anny cake slicer cut'n um real thin. hope'n she can stretch. i say, can have one now? shure she say. old sponser comes up and says, wadda ya do'n. he say no can have now, it for Anny break. it go against Tradition! are ya kid'n me? i say want a piece? he say yea. lol! the Ass! lol... we ran out of Anny pins for 90 day'r's. i reached in pocket, pulled out my 90 coin. not given by group. was given by a friend who's Dad died from this disease. and was given to his dad from someone. Step12'r's this coin dates from the 1950's i believe. very special to me. i say let her use for celebration and tell her we get her pin when they come in.. 5 min before meets. a one year celebrate ask me to speak for him ### at this group, the speakers booked in advance #### i tell him yep, never say no, i have to give back what was given to me. well meets start, i the first speak. not spoke at home group in long time. i say, step 10 says prompt admit wrong. well i had a piece of cake i say, and if someone not get one, cop a resentment on me! :lol: . ok, so i spoke, told story. the leader say that i powerfull example, of what the program can do to change ones life. Patrick always there, the leader has 14 years, and she say i insperation to her and others she say i the Egnima of the rooms. :oops: :oops: :oops: people after say what story, you great, blah, blah, blah. point!!! i can now take this with grace, and yes humility, i simply, say thank you for the kind words. ... oh by the way, i did get back my coin after the meets. the person say, this coin that old? how come so shiny? :roll: i say its in da pocket all the time, gets a lot'o'rub'n. on that coin, says the whole program: Unity, Service, Recovery and To Thine Own Self Be True ... point of all this. i simply was going to a meet'n, and all this spiritual growth came from this. for others, and i. yep, Expect Da Unexpected, yet again. all is as it should, One More Day at a Time. ... ty for being here Step12, ty TPTB, and all da friends of Bill. xxxooo Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:45 pm

good mor'n all my friends... and yes i do mean friends... freely giving... true care and support... wow, what a concept!... i would like to share something with you that shows by doing the next "Right" thing on a "Daily" basis can bring things very Unexpected... over my almost three years clean, there have been some unexpected bummers in my life.... through the grace of God, i was able to not use and get some growth from them... well what about the unexpected good? ya... in the summer someone in the rooms who respects my recovery, and uses me as a example of how to run with life on life terms, and on Gods terms gave me a boat. yep a brand new custom built li'l skiff... what the F i say ... i no wanna boat... he say you take, and do with it what you will... every morn'n i look out my backyard, and there sits the boat... there is a message in that boat. as it sits there in limbo, sun shing on it, rain rain'n on it sno fall'n on it, it liv'n life on lifes terms to me... Dec. comes, and i'm in a little financial in security mess... i ask the person if i may sell it. he say's its yours to do what you like to do with... i prayed on it... put it on ebay. never think'n anyone would buy a boat in Dec. yep... it sold, and to a person that lives not too far from me.... two weeks ago, someone drops by. a very special person in my recovery... he leaves, and rings me and says PC, go look in the vase on your mantel... the bro left me some $$$... last night i was at a meets, and another person says Patrick, i have something for you to bring to your homegroup... some coffee setup stuff... he also say that theres a envelope in there for you... think'n it was a note or letter. ### we do that sometime with each #### i left it for today, i just opened it... there was $200.00. Yikes! the ass... i do what i have to do to get by... eat can beans, share stuff with my sweetie, bring the pennies to cash in... battery rebates, odd jobs. whatever. but all honest stuffmy friends, i do not complain to others, whine, boo- hoo about my matters... when asked, i simply say life on lifes terms, not mine and move on. PC in hand, or i should say mind and heart.... a lesson in humility... i can go to these folk, say thank you and accept there gifts with grace... by being me and right with God now... the Unexpected keeps comeing in my life. always will. bring it on... good, bad, or indifferent! and i might add! lol! when least expected... ha... Viv'a Sobriety, Viv'a TPTB, and God... all good wishes my friends... thanks for careing. i love you all... Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Next

Return to Expect The Unexpected in Sobriety