- Miracles do happen

Miracles do happen

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

Miracles do happen

Postby crickit » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Some of you already know that I have been estranged from my son for quite some time now and have not been able to see my grandson. It was one of those situations that I tried to make right but couldn't. For as much as it was killing me, all I could do was to continue in my program and hope that someday my son will be able to forgive me. So I wrote down how I felt and put it in my 'god box' and prayed for him everday.

When my 1st year aniversary came along on the 14th I decided to write him a letter just to let him know that I will be celebrating a years sobriety tonight and that I hoped he could attend but I would understand if he couldn't. I told him how much I loved him and that I thought of him everyday.

Well, last night after my meeting I got a call from a mutual freind of mine and my sons. I automatically when into panic mode, what happened to my son. Then I listened to the most incredable words I've ever heard. My freind had told me that my son very much wants to attend my celebrations but wasn't sure if he would be able to because of his wife. He also said that he thinks of me everyday too.

I was so excited you could have peeled me off the ceiling. I let my freind know that even if he isn't able to get to my meeting I know that he wanted to and that was the best news I've heard in a long time.

My sponsor keeps telling me that sometimes the best amends are just to get healthy. And now tonight, a year later, I will have everyone I love in the same room to celebrate my sobriety. It was quite the wake up call. How in the world could I feel so alone when when there are so many people that truely love me unconditionally. I've been forgiven and I feel like I can honestly say yesterday is gone. Today I have no fear for the future because I know I'm not alone. That leaves me with today, and today I am able to forgive myself as long as I know I've done the best I can do with an open heart.

I could go on and on cause I'm just so damn happy. It's the first time in a long time that these tears are actually happy ones. I feel truely blessed. I really feel like I'm getting some of my marbles back LOL. I stayed clean and sober for 1 whole year. If I can do that, I can face anything the future has to offer.

With Lots of Love and gratitude for those of you that have supported me through the rough spots.

This truely is an amazing program and the promised to come true.

Bright Blessings
Crickit
xxxxxxoooooooo
crickit

Wow

Postby 918gma » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:57 pm

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it. I am very happy for you. I too believe this program will give us excatly what we need, and more than we ever thought possible.

Congrates on your year.
918gma

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:16 am

Crickit wrote: I could go on and on cause I'm just so damn happy. It's the first time in a long time that these tears are actually happy ones. I feel truely blessed. I really feel like I'm getting some of my marbles back LOL. I stayed clean and sober for 1 whole year. If I can do that, I can face anything the future has to offer.

Thank you for sharing your experience, strength, hope, and your happiness!!!! It sure is an incredible ride, isn't it? Thanks for letting me share the ride and the scenery with you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby crickit » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:46 pm

My goodness, what a night. The meeting started and there was standing room only. My girls, their father and Uncle, girls I used to work with, freinds I met in the program last year and even freinds I just met this year at my new groups came. There was standing room only but no son.

10 minutes into the meeting I heard someone come in and turned around and it was him. Just as I have been imagining it for the last couple of weeks. I ran to him and hugged him to death and couldn't stop crying. Of course, everyone new he must be my son and cried with me.

When it came time to accept my medalian I could hardly speak. I started by telling people what I had chosen to have written on my medalian which was 'choose life' and went on the explain that at the time of my last drunk I was loosing everything, my kids, my husband, my health and was determined to end the suffering. Then my son called and said 'Mom you got to get help, you are all I have'. So I booked myself into the hospital and then started attending AA meetings. That's when I had decided to 'choose life' and that's what the program has done for me. Given me my life back.

As I looked out at everyone, still crying of course, I thanked each and every person there. There was so much love in that room last night I don't know how I could have ever felt alone. I wanted to bottle that feeling so I will never forget what unconditional love really feels like. It really does work if you work it and it means working it everyday. And the days that 'I just don't feel like it' are the days I should work even harder.

Bright Blessings
Crickit
xxoo
crickit

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 pm

Thank you for sharing that, Crickit!!!

Congrats, again!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:11 pm

go C, congrats...xo ya PC
Rusty Zipper

Happy Birthday

Postby wareagle10 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:08 am

Hi Crickett: I just read your post regarding your birthday and your son being in attendance. That was great. I'm a John Wayne type but I must admit that teared me up (Sorry, Duke). I want to wish you a Happy Birthday, Number One is just for you, and from now on all the rest are for those that follow you to show them that the program works if you work it. Of course you are still going to get your birthday wishes and hugs. What a great story to share. Hope everything is still going wonderfully for you, somehow I think it is.
Blue skies and green lights to you and yours, John.
wareagle10

Postby Tina L. » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:20 am

hi all! im glad you are all hear. my sponsor said if im gonna be online i should be here being used up and trying to help some body she said it will help me more than it will help you and thank you for being here and for letting me be a part of this. idont now how to help but i do answer the aa phone sometimes when they let me. thank you. im not hear much because i dont have a puter tonight i got my frieds puter. xoxoxo tina
Tina L.

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity