- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Pebbles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 am

Wow! :shock: So glad to hear that you are alright! There really are no coincidences in this life, are there!!
Pebbles

Postby Dallas » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks for sharing that fresh experience w/ us Toast! I appreciate you.

I've grown used to having those "eyes over my shoulders" hanging around and I so welcome them!

I had so many of those experiences happening in my first year of sobriety that I could have probably filled a book w/ them -- and each year, since then, I've observed even more of the "over the shoulder" participation in my life.

I believe this is part of what Bill was writing about in the section of Steps 10 & 11, in the Big Book. At first, the inspiration appears as a "hunch"... and then it grows so common that we begin to rely upon it -- and it becomes a natural working part of our minds.

I so enjoy reading & hearing of experiences like you shared. Gratitide. The situation could have been so much worse -- but, it wasn't. :wink: Fortunately -- because "Life" was at work in the Lives and Minds of your wife and the little ones. Something that could have presented itself as a "disappointment" ...... turns out to be the blessing in disquise. :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks Pebbles and Dallas for the kind words.

Going away sunday for a 2 week holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday in the sun. Cant come quick enough now, just want away from here, want to be somewhere else, i'll make a 'another' fresh start when we get back.

God bless 8)
Toast

Postby sparklek » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Checking in. I have been been pretty emotional as I adjust to life taking from one place to another. The unknown is scary for someone like me that has strives on feeling "in control." I am at a place where I am not sure what direction things will go and trusting my HP is a daily walk. Some days I feel connected and peaceful, others, irritable and insecure. Meetings help and I am grateful for my friends and family that support me no matter what. I am doing the footwork and leaving the results to God. This does not always look pretty for an alcoholic like me but I am doing it. With a drink. Miracle.
sparklek

Postby Toast » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 am

Morning all, wishing you all a sober sunday! :D

We leave today for Acapulco where we pick up a ship and sail via the panama canal back to Barbados and fly back to Scotland from there. 8)

My wife Anne's as happy as a puppy dog with 2 tails, aint that nice what AA can do for folks! I'll never forget i came in here 17 yrs ago with absolutely nothing :)

As its a British ship there aint no AA meetings on board, the brits are too much ' stiff upper lip' to entertain such a thought so i'll be checking in here once and a while to get my medicine. This site has done me a power of good since i stumbled across it just before christmas, so glad i found it. Never yet read a post i never learned from so keep up the good work! 8)

Reminds me off the time an AA friend went to sunny Spain for a holiday. When he discovered there were no meetings he pinned a note on the notice board in the hotel saying 'anyone who is a friend of Dr Bob please contact Tommy in room 247'. Some smart ass wrote on his note' Why, have you got VD as well?' :lol:

Be good and if you cant be good be magnificent! :lol:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Have a great trip Toast! Wishing you the best trip ever! Yes. The benefits of sobriety are unimaginably wonderful! And... they do have meetings in Acapulco! :wink: Wish I was there to go to one of them w/you!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Just popping in to say HI to you guys. I'm without internet access for a couple weeks so I am not able to post. At the library right now. Still sober.

PeaceJOy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Toddy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 am

Hi guys and gals, doing well, 5 months this Sunday, I seem to be happy an awful lot, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Toddy
Toddy

Postby sparklek » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Just checking in to say that I am here and grateful. I officially resigned from my job in Egypt and I am back slowly into life in sunny LA. My head sometimes runs and tells me a thousand things I should be doing. I am learning to write lists and do just one thing at a time. I went to my home group for the first time last night and the love was overwhelming. I am grateful to have this program and the fellowship more than ever.
sparklek

Postby RichC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Better check in today.
8 Years as of today!!!
Glad to be around.
Really doubt I would be without AA and those in it.
RichC

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery