- I need a note book

I need a note book

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power

I need a note book

Postby 918gma » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:22 pm

Have you ever been meditating or just zoning out while your doing some thing else, and some thing hits you like a bolt of lighting. Suddenly some thing you've been strugling with just falls into place. Your not in a place where you can write it down, and by the time you are you have lost it again. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Is this normal. Do other people do this or is it a unique insanity I share with myself :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Help me out people, am I crazy or what. Is this part of the disease or the cure that just isn't sticking. :?: :?: :?:
918gma

Notebook

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I can assure you that you're not that unique. :lol: And, that it has nothing to do with being an sober alcoholic. I'd be surprised if you found one person who didn't identify.

I do carry a notebook, and when I don't have a notebook, I never travel far without pen and paper.

Year's ago, my sponsor had me start doing a daily "To Do List". That helped a lot because I would jot notes on the back of my "To Do" list.

Finally, I discovered that a "To Do List" for me, is part of my daily 10th & 11th Step. It's hard to think about my plans for the day... if I don't have any. And, for me, if I don't have it written down... I can't really refer to it as my official "Daily Plan."

Thanks for sharing and for the topic!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

I'm there!

Postby openminded » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:01 am

I know EXACTLY the feeling. I guess i go a little overboard with the notebooks. I have....ALOT of different ones. I try to combined them all as often as possible though.

I'm glad to have read both of these replies for 2 reasons. 1) I know i'm not insane....I mean, unique. I always seem to have my God Spots, or my moments of clarity, whenever i DON'T have a pen or paper. And of course the alcoholic in me thinks, "Am i doing something wrong? Should i be trying harder?????????" Like Dallas, i usually have something to write with near me, and even if it's just a napkin, i write down whatever i need to to remember what i want to add to my notebooks, and then i go home and add them to the appropriate notebook. Haha did i mention i'm OCD too? Haha. The 2) reason is because i get so obsessive about having "To Do" lists and i'm really excited that other alcoholics (recoveing) do that too.

Love,
Openminded
openminded

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:02 am

I started carrying a note pad and writing instrument around with me to meetings from the beginning of my sobriety. I find it helpful to jot down something that someone said that I want to chew on later, or a well-turned phrase that strikes me as something to remember. I write these down later in a big notebook that I keep.

I also jot down things I read in the AA Grapevine magazine. It helps me to write down what I read to remember it more solidly. Then I go back over my notes, sometimes years later, and it refreshes my memory or provides fresh insights that I didn't have earlier.

Writing for me is very useful to grow in sobriety. I often think better on paper.

Tim
Tim

Postby crickit » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:25 am

Now there is something I can really relate to but even in AA people think I'm funny. I have little notepads everywhere. In my purse, in the car, by the phone, in the kitchen, by the computor. I have a very bad memory and when someone says something I want to remember, I write it down. I have slogans pinned up all over my house. What ever it takes to convince myself I'm on the right track

BB
Crickit
crickit

Return to Sobriety and Moments of Clarity