- Heartbreak

Heartbreak

A discussion of topics related to relationships in recovery and treatment

Heartbreak

Postby flying fiddler » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:23 am

Hello,
I was just informed by my wife of 19 years that she is in a different place in her life now and is ending our marriage. Not totally blindsided since we have been separated for that last 3 months although "I" thought that maybe a little time apart might lead her to be willing to work on us.
My "wants" didn't materialize and now I'm hurting, hurting a lot.
This is a big loss for me and brings up many insecurities and fears.
Here's the amazing thing however.
We were able to have an honest, emotional conversation about this, without blame, resentments and retaliation. This is the miracle of this program. She has her own program as well, which to me makes it all the more sad, sad that she and I can't continue together on this program path.
We were able to talk about this naturally applying principles we have learned. We were both kind and loving to each other.
Doesn't make the pain go away but it sure feels right to have handled this in a kind, loving, and honest way. (Miracle of working the entire program)
My heart is broken. I accept this as part of living, feeling and being awake and will have to walk through the grieving process.
I know that with the help of this simple program I will be ok. My needs will be met.

I am hurting today and needed to share.
John

:cry: :cry: :cry:
flying fiddler

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 am

I understand John. Wishing the best for you. If I can help, I'm here for you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby flying fiddler » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks Dallas,
I am still hurting today but that's the price of being human. I know that I will be whole again if I just keep doing what I'm supposed to do. Meetings, Sponsor, steps, meditation and prayer. It's the best I can do, one day at a time. One foot in front of the other..
I know from previous grief events in my life that it just takes time, sometimes a long time to work through the process.
With that said however, it still sucks!
I'm a grateful to have this program of living, the fellowship and tools to help me through the good times and bad times of life.
Thanks for letting me share
John
flying fiddler

Return to Relationships in Recovery