- I do not have to take a drink.....

I do not have to take a drink.....

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

I do not have to take a drink.....

Postby Pebbles » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello all-
One year ago on March 23 my husband was hit head on while sitting on his motorcycle at a stop sign. He has not been able to work this whole last year, and the noose gets tighter and tighter around our necks, as far as paying bills go. But, there is absolutely nothing going on in our lives today that I need to take a drink over, and that is a miracle in itself.
Before I came into this program, I would have been drinking(or in a dry drunk) and living in the problem...dwelling on all the "stuff" that's going on as a result of the accident. Today, due to doing the steps completely and thoroughly, and going to meetings, and working with my sponsor, and working with sponsee's, I do not have to take a drink, and I do not have to "live" in the problem, and that is a miracle! Today I can say that despite everything that's going on, I have more serenity than I've ever had my entire life--and it's all due to the AA program, and being willing to work it.

Today, I thank God for AA-and I thank AA for giving me my God!!!
Pebbles

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am

That's awesome Pebbles! Thank you for sharing the inspiration & encouragement through your experience, strength & hope!!!

I appreciate you and I'm always wishing the best of the best for you & your husband!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Pebbles, you rock!!!

(I think that was probably the worst pun ever. :? :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Love you!
sunlight

Postby Pebbles » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks Sunlight.....that was cute :)
Pebbles

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober