- Memorial Page for Charlie P. (of Charlie and Joe BB Study)

Memorial Page for Charlie P. (of Charlie and Joe BB Study)

General discussions related to A.A. History.

Memorial Page for Charlie P. (of Charlie and Joe BB Study)

Postby Dallas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 am

A Memorial Page with the Funeral and Obituary information for Charlie P. here:
www.step12.com/charlie-p-funeral-and-obituary-info.html

If you would like to leave your personal condolences here in the Forum, please do so.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Charlie P. Obituary and Memorial Page

Postby Dallas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:39 am

Charlie, my words cannot express my gratitude for you and Joe McQ. I wouldn't be alive let alone sober and alive living the good life that I live today had God not directed me to you and allowed me to listen to the two of you explain the Big Book to me. I was six months sober, on my 2nd attempt at sobriety and I was at the jumping off place. Sobriety was killing me. While I was contemplating driving my truck into the side of a train to end the pain -- on my last phone call to an AA for help -- I ended up in a Serenity Book Store, in Encino, CA., and found a set of Big Book Study tapes and I bought them. I noticed on the cover it said something about an AA Plan of Recovery in the Big Book. I didn't know there was a program of recovery in AA. I had been told just don't drink and go to meetings and make it up as you go. I postponed driving into the train long enough to listen to all six tapes. Had what I heard not worked, it was over for me. I took the 12 Steps, reading the Big Book and listening to the tapes, and had a Spiritual Awakening that has allowed me to recover. That was in 1987. My sobriety date is Nov. 14th. 1986. And, I haven't had a drink for the last 8,925 days in a row. Thank you for the times you've taken my calls and for allowing me to visit with you in your home, and to spend some time with you. I appreciate you and appreciate all the ways that you've helped me -- to achieve and maintain my sobriety. God bless you and your wife.

~Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

:cry:

Thank you, Charlie.

You will never really leave us, as your gift goes on and on.
sunlight

Return to A. A. History