- Hi, I am Jim and I too am an alcoholic

Hi, I am Jim and I too am an alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi, I am Jim and I too am an alcoholic

Postby jimredsox » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:31 pm

This forum is a great find for me and I am very grateful for all I have today. Myself and my fiance decided on March 8, 2011 to quit drinking. It has been a grueling process but worth every effort that has been put it. The changes have taken place almost immediately and the desire to drink has left me. I am currently starting on Step 4 and am ready to do the work. The willingness is there this time. I had previously had 11 months sober back in 2004 but stop going to meetings, stopped asking for help, and my disease won .. I went back out. Knowing what I know now I can clearly see I had reservations and was not FULLY ready to do the work. As you will hear many people in AA say "You needed to have those drinks" I never really understood that but believe I do now. I needed to surrender completly and without any reservation .. I am glad to be back and with the good people.

Happiness to all,
Jim
jimredsox

Postby Dallas » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Welcome to the site Jim. Great to hear from you! Keep coming back and let us keep in touch w/ you. Wishing you & your fiance the best.
Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery